161     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 563     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 953     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the vote splits three ways, Chow wins because the right is splitting their vote. Unless another credible candidate on the left pops up to challenge her, or Ford drops out leaving Tory (or Socknacki---stranger things have happened) the sole challenger on the right, it's hers to lose.

I don't think I believe this 100%. Everyone keeps making a point of enforcing that she's NDP, which is a bad word even to some Liberals. If you hate Rob Ford, and you hate the NDP, I could see those votes going to Tory, even if you are "left". (I have a coworker who can't stand Rob Ford, but will NOT vote NDP) Plus I think this "it's Olivia's to lose" attitude will make a lot of lefties apathetic and possibly not vote. As much as I HATE Rob Ford, I'm 50/50 on whether he will actually win or lose. The situation is just currently that fucked up.

Goldsbie just tweeted, in answer to that same inquiry, that Jacobosen said no (that is, that Jacobson said there is no such allegation anywhere in the ITO). I would find that surprising: Jacobson knows what he is doing, so why would he speak to a reporter about what is in a part of an ITO that remians subject to a publication ban? Also, which ITO? The March one? The January one?

@goldsbie just tweeted to me: "Good question. I think he meant both."

I don't think I believe this 100%. Everyone keeps making a point of enforcing that she's NDP, which is a bad word even to some Liberals. If you hate Rob Ford, and you hate the NDP, I could see those votes going to Tory, even if you are "left". (I have a coworker who can't stand Rob Ford, but will NOT vote NDP) Plus I think this "it's Olivia's to lose" attitude will make a lot of lefties apathetic and possibly not vote. As much as I HATE Rob Ford, I'm 50/50 on whether he will actually win or lose. The situation is just currently that fucked up.

People who can't stand Ford or Chow would either vote for Tory or stay home. But I can't see Tory taking more of Chow's support than Ford's. Her "leftie" base is solid, and it's not like she's never won an election with that.

From the star:

Prosecutors told the judge today that “We do not know precisely what motivated Mr. Lisi" in his attempts to get the crack video.

Does anyone know, how likely is it that the police would have info that the crown (or, at least the guy doing Lisi's prosecution) doesn't? Cause that seems to suggest that they have not yet been able to tie Ford to the attempts to get the video at all. Although the rest of the ITO certainly hints at it:

In the new documents released, detectives state that they intercepted calls between Ford and Lisi during the two-day time period when the alleged threats by Lisi were made to the people believed to have the video. Police only know the calls were made, not what was said on them.

and:

Investigators say that during the key two-day time period (news of the video’s existence surfaced on May 17) they have learned from phone records that Lisi was in contact with Ford, both through his cell phone, ONSTAR and home number, and Lisi was also in contact with Elena Basso, the woman at whose house the video was filmed in February 17, 2013. Lisi was also in contact with Mohamed Siad, who made the video, his associate Liban Syad, and with the mayor’s assistant Thomas Beyer.

From the star:

Does anyone know, how likely is it that the police would have info that the crown (or, at least the guy doing Lisi's prosecution) doesn't? Cause that seems to suggest that they have not yet been able to tie Ford to the attempts to get the video at all. Although the rest of the ITO certainly hints at it:

and:

If this is the only ITO out there, then it certainly seems less likely that the police have evidence tying Ford to the extortion. Could there be other ITOs that are specific to Ford that haven't been reported on? Does this information pour cold water on the imminent arrest watch?

Guys, Sandro Lisi's lawyer just said his client is Rob Ford's 'collateral damage.' Think about that. You think his lawyer isn't pressuring the f*** out of Lisi to get him to turn on Rob?

#sl ... ?

Does Rat Lisi have his own hashtag now? Wow if so.

Folks, dot to dot to the T-Dot, this is your best chance to get rid of RoF : flip the woman beating drug dealing extorting (allegedly) Lisi.
He would have enough to sink Fords' buoyancy, you'd have to think. After he's cooperating, squeeze his next driver. It's clear as day, folks. Do the math, see right through it, or are you biased?

The chances that the police have information that they haven't shared with the crown are zero.

Well yes, but that may no bearing on the information contained in the ITO. But I'm not surprised nothing so far reveals a connection to Ford because if that was the case he would already have been charged! It isn't rocket science. If you break the law, you get charged.

If this is the only ITO out there, then it certainly seems less likely that the police have evidence tying Ford to the extortion. Could there be other ITOs that are specific to Ford that haven't been reported on? Does this information pour cold water on the imminent arrest watch?

If they already had all the evidence they need, they wouldn't need to ask for a warrant to get it.

The chances that the police have information that they haven't shared with the crown are zero.

They haven't officially submitted the evidence yet. They won't do that until the charges drop. The police investigate, gather evidence, arrest and then pass the evidence to the Crown. I'm sure informally they are in discussions.

Seems to me the Crown is just not pre-empting anything. If the motive is tied to Rub, I seriously doubt they would blurt it out before they laid charges. Don't get down on yourselves yet guys.

Keep in mind that this is information contained in the request for the search warrant, not the the results of executing said warrant.

Jimmi T has intimated that some choice stuff was found on #SL iCloud.

They will definitely get the crowns approval before laying charges in this case. The crowns in court today would already be intimately aware of ALL of the evidence obtained thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back