137     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 535     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 944     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that this is information contained in the request for the search warrant, not the the results of executing said warrant.

Jimmi T has intimated that some choice stuff was found on #SL iCloud.

Exactly. Warrants are for getting permission to obtain further evidence. So at the point that they filed the ITO's, they didn't have the evidence they need. Once they did what the warrants covered, they'll have that evidence. This will NOT be in the ITO's as they were filed before obtaining the evidence. So that information will not be part of what's being released from the ITO's, redaction or no redaction. It's separate from the ITO.

Keep in mind that this is information contained in the request for the search warrant, not the the results of executing said warrant.

Jimmi T has intimated that some choice stuff was found on #SL iCloud.

hang on though. The Star reported that prosecutors said in court today that, “We do not know precisely what motivated Mr. Lisi" in his attempts to get the crack video." This isn't just the wording of the ITO request.

Yes, but in court today, the crown indicated they still don't know what Lisi's motive was. They already know what was found on Lisi's phone.

hang on though. The Star reported that prosecutors said in court today that, “We do not know precisely what motivated Mr. Lisi" in his attempts to get the crack video." This isn't just the wording of the ITO request.

The prosecutors are ONLY DEALING with Lisi's extortion charge. They wouldn't necessarily know what the police have gathered ahead of any potential charges against Rob Ford. They already have evidence on the books in Lisi's extortion case. They are prosecuting Lisi, not Ford.

Yes, but in court today, the crown indicated they still don't know what Lisi's motive was. They already know what was found on Lisi's phone.

I read that quote, was it in regards to the ITO un-redactions, or was it specific to a hearing on Lisi's case? Context may be important here.

They're either being tight lipped, or the crown hasn't officially received the newest evidence from the police yet,

This is also court proceedings surrounding only the release of information in the ITO, not the actual case against Lisi. He's only been charged, with the actual court trial not having happened yet. Once that occurs, the Crown will have any information/evidence regarding his motivation and any other details they don't have right now for his case.

Look, if and when the cops get evidence against Ford, he will be charged. This means that, as of right now. the police either don't have that evidence yet, or if Jimmi T and MM's sources are to be believed, they have it and are about to act on it. Either or. As more and more time elapses since the Lisi phone data has been received, I'm more and more leaning to the former.

Look, if and when the cops get evidence against Ford, he will be charged. This means that, as of right now. the police either don't have that evidence yet, or if Jimmi T and MM's sources are to be believed, they have it and are about to act on it. Either or. As more and more time elapses since the Lisi phone data has been received, I'm more and more leaning to the former.

Hopefully the latter scenario will be the one that plays out. I did notice in the headline for Donovan's story today reads "Prosecutors still seeking motive." Perhaps it is comforting that it doesn't say, "investigators still seeking motive."

There is also the possibility that they think they can turn Lisi given more time. Without a doubt though the Crown seems to be less than enthusiastic about going after Ford unless it's wrapped up with ribbons and bows.

Or it could be somewhere in between: they have evidence, but they believe they can gather more to make the case more airtight before laying charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back