News   Jul 17, 2024
 645     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ot73qwI.jpg

@goldsbie: "There is no specific allegation [in the ITO] that the Mayor was trying to get the video or that Lisi was allegedly acting on [his] behalf."
(Quote from Jacobsen)

Last edited:
Has the part of the March 7th ITO that was released from the publication ban last week been made available on line yet?

@goldsbie: "There is no specific allegation [in the ITO] that the Mayor was trying to get the video or that Lisi was allegedly acting on [his] behalf."

He must mean that there is no such specific allegation in the parts of the ITO for which the publication ban has been lifted.

He must mean that there is no such specific allegation in the parts of the ITO for which the publication ban has been lifted.

It's not clear (it's hard to be clear on twitter!) It doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy that Jacobsen would make a point of saying this at all, if the unredacted parts might include something contrary to this statement.

Can we have the other candidates promise that come October, if they're not leading in the polls, they drop out so Ford only has ONE challenger? I'm terrified that we're gonna have a Ford vs Chow vs Tory 3-way where Ford squeaks out a victory because of the vote splitting three ways. Left vs Centre/Right vs insanity (Ford Nation).

If the vote splits three ways, Chow wins because the right is splitting their vote. Unless another credible candidate on the left pops up to challenge her, or Ford drops out leaving Tory (or Socknacki---stranger things have happened) the sole challenger on the right, it's hers to lose.

Or it's just not in the ITO at all. Da cops wouldn't necessarily need to put that in there to be pursuing that aspect of the investigation. Lisi's wide-ranging illegal activities alone warrant a thorough examination of any possible evidence. Keeping Ford stuff to a minimum may be strategic - to give Robbie a false sense of security.

It's not clear (it's hard to be clear on twitter!) It doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy that Jacobsen would make a point of saying this at all, if the unredacted parts might include something contrary to this statement.

@goldsbie just tweeted, in answer to that same inquiry, that Jacobosen said no (that is, that Jacobson said there is no such allegation anywhere in the ITO). I would find that surprising: Jacobson knows what he is doing, so why would he speak to a reporter about what is in a part of an ITO that remians subject to a publication ban? Also, which ITO? The March one? The January one?

Last edited:
Why are you being so harsh towards Metroman? All he was doing was passing along info that he heard from his contacts. He was never presenting the info like it was cold, hard facts - just things heard along the grapevine.

That's it---he's just the middle man. He can't control what people are telling him. Would you rather just not hear what the media and TPS are buzzing about?

Or it's just not in the ITO at all. Da cops wouldn't necessarily need to put that in there to be pursuing that aspect of the investigation. Lisi's wide-ranging illegal activities alone warrant a thorough examination of any possible evidence. Keeping Ford stuff to a minimum may be strategic - to give Robbie a false sense of security.

True. The police would not have had to be that precise in either of the ITOs. As reported, the parts of the March 7th ITO released last week (re the iCloud data search, etc.) just spoke generally to the utility of the search in determining who else might be, or not be, involved.

Last edited:
Great post Dubster. This article in the Sun this morning has a quote from Ralph Lean which I agree with, keeping in mind that Lean was a huge Ford supporter until recently:

"His brother Councillor Doug Ford questioned the makeup of the crowd, saying “a lot of these people weren’t students.â€

“I think a lot of these guys are a bunch of lefties that come downtown, that heckle, and Ralph Lean didn’t keep them in control,†he said.

Lean said the audience was 90 to 95% students.

He said he didn’t think Ford answered his tough question about economic performance vs. bad behaviour.

“And I would keep asking him and I hope people keep asking him,†Lean said.
I think what Lean said is the answer. Not to give him too much credit.

Ford will just evade and deflect with his comically dishonest answers. The point is to keep asking the same tough questions. Eventually after months of the same tough questions and the facts published that back them up, the ill informed that are his weaker support will realize that there is a reason why he keeps getting peppered with those questions. It rightly shifts Ford to the defensive and frames the his campaign around doubts about his integrity and character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back