1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
More likely Doug via Ford staffer.

Rob Ford Must Go ‏@robfordmustgo 1m
Security guard just came by to say Ford staffer complained about the sign - but she assured us we're ok & not breaking any rules.

Mayor Crime Lord ‏@TOMayorFrod 1m
In an effort to reach hearing-impaired voters, Doug has arranged for captioning at his media scrums.

Warning: Doug is speaking, again.

reporterdonpeat 11:05am via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Doug Ford tells Premier Kathleen Wynne to send deputy premier to deal with Mayor Rob Ford.

And unfortunately, again.

reporterdonpeat 11:07am via Twitter for BlackBerry®
"The mayor doesn't want to be associated with ppl under investigation for criminal activity on stealing taxpayers' money" Doug Ford to Wynne.

Last edited:
put dots together.jpg

Attachments

• put dots together.jpg
    put dots together.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 445
If Metroman does have a line to someone with first hand working knowledge of the Ford investigation his late-night teases of "imminent", "it's happening" and "heinous" were irresponsible. Wasn't he the guy who insisted that Karen Stintz wouldn't be running for Mayor because she'd tossed in with the Chow campaign? See any signs now that they ever had anything in common? If I remember the Gawker Crackstarter period correctly Metroman was making predictions frequently of when the campaign would go over target or that it wouldn't reach target. They were always made with confidence, but changed from post to post based on that day's returns, often contradicting the previous night's forecast. He really wants to predict the future. Haven't seen the handcuffs yet. So no sense trying to figure on what "heinous" refers to and diving into a bunch of sordid speculation.

Why are you being so harsh towards Metroman? All he was doing was passing along info that he heard from his contacts. He was never presenting the info like it was cold, hard facts - just things heard along the grapevine.

On the other hand, would you really want someone who commits domestic abuse and otherwise terrorize their spouse be mayor? Privacy is not a foil for behaviour as such - it would be abetting abuse.

AoD

I'm sure you're by now bored by my saying that some folks were saying the same thing 5 years ago, and got told off by mods for doing so.

BTW, where's that Spider character? I went pretty hard at him a few weeks ago for having helped Rob Ford abuse Ford's children. I thought that at least would have merited some response.

reporterdonpeat 11:07am via Twitter for BlackBerry®
"The mayor doesn't want to be associated with ppl under investigation for criminal activity on stealing taxpayers' money" Doug Ford to Wynne.

People under investigation for criminal activity NOT associated with taxpayers' money, on the other hand, includes most of Rob's buddies.

Why are you being so harsh towards Metroman? All he was doing was passing along info that he heard from his contacts. He was never presenting the info like it was cold, hard facts - just things heard along the grapevine.

People like to blame others for making them feel things.

Two things I would love to see happen during the debates, but never will:

1) Moderator or audience member asks Olivia Chow "If you are convicted of extortion, drug trafficking or any other crimes would you step down as mayor?"

2) When responding to a question Soknacki replies "Well, I've saved the city a billion dollars" then when asked to clarify responds "What? I thought we were just allowed to say that?"

Just want to high-light this last paragraph:

“If the mayor had voted for any of the last three budgets, he might have had some role, but he didn’t actually set the final terms of the budget except in his first year, so he’s actually had no role,” he said."
City manager Joe Pennachetti
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rticle17715541/?cmpid=rss1#dashboard/follows/

There are other instances where Rob Ford (and usually Doug Ford as well) voted against several of his accomplishments. See this link.

Guys, Sandro Lisi's lawyer just said his client is Rob Ford's 'collateral damage.' Think about that. You think his lawyer isn't pressuring the f*** out of Lisi to get him to turn on Rob?

Good find. It speaks to the fact that Ford is going to be tied to the extortion.

Good find. It speaks to the fact that Ford is going to be tied to the extortion.

It's a sad state of affairs when a known drug dealer who threatens to throw acid at women and whose nickname is "The Rat," is all, "Your honour- it's really not fair I'm getting dragged into this stuff you're looking at with the mayor."

My 2 cents on the CBC interview was that Galloway did about as good a job as you can with this mope. Ford looked like he'd rather be anywhere else and sounded, if not hungover, certainly tired as heck. He got feistier as it went on but he sounded exhausted and kept exhaling and stuff. Poor optics.

With John Lancaster leaving to check out the Brampton Courthouse shooting is anyone tweeting re: the Lisi ITO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back