1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your viewing pleasure!:)

mbu ‏@hot_sushi 30m
@YYZMarc @erikawybourn There was also this nice moment where Ford's canned BS wasn't tolerated by crowd http://bcove.me/nlwhp1ee

Saw the entire Ryerson video last night ( is it still available? ).

Saw Jerry the driver on the Ryerson vid and today's Metro Morning. That's dedication!

Last edited:
Debate questions for Rob:
"Are you addicted to OxyContin?"
"Why did you call Justin Trudeau a faggot?"
"As you noticed at Don Bosco, there's always a risk that youth will fall into gangs, What advice would you have for a young man like Anthony Smith, who was in a gang and hanging out with the mayor when he smokes crack?"

I am NOT addicted to OxyContin. Now if you asked the right question, it would be Oxy.
I did NOT call him a faggot. I called him a fag.
I would tell my good friend Anthony and other boys like him to come work for me and Sandro. Lots of work in sales. The customer is always right....except when the customer tries to blackmail me. Then the customer is written off.

Metro Man said the unknown alleged crime is "so heinous"; I don't think that's murder, it's something creepy and gross (which again makes me remember that he coached high school football all those years)

Metro Man said the unknown alleged crime is "so heinous"; I don't think that's murder, it's something creepy and gross (which again makes me remember that he coached high school football all those years)

I think you are partly right. My guess is he traded crack for sex with Basso's sister and it was filmed.

Things were different then. Mayor Phillips was not a mega-city mayor.

That underscores my original point. If you want to find a Mayor of Toronto who won with the kind numbers Ford has right now (and has had very consistently for the past year), you need to go back to a very different era. In the mega-city era, Ford's numbers are not even in the same universe as what it takes to win the mayoralty. Ford on his best day is in a statistical dead heat with Olivia Chow on her worst day. Obviously the numbers are going to shift over the next few months, but Ford's numbers have been incredibly stable. The most likely outcome is that the 65-70% of the electorate that will not vote for Ford will eventually begin coalescing around one of the other candidates.

Awww doesn't look likely.

john lancaster ‏@jlancasterCBC 2m
Provincial Crown now up...doesn't want much of remaining ITO info released either. Says it's a "fair trial" issue. #TOpoli #sl

We have to remember that what's heinous to us isn't necessarily heinous to Ford or Ford Nation. Whatever it is, it's not 100% guaranteed to shake their support.

Again, not criticizing Metroman, but didn't he say definitively before that Ford was not involved in the death of Anthony Smith. I suspect a lot of people dropped the thought based on his insider information. Or do you think there's another murder, Dubster?

I can't remember if it was this forum or Reddit, but someone else said that the accused in the Christopher Skinner murder case are former Don Bosco football players. This is obviously baseless speculation, but perhaps he helped them try to cover it up?

Can we have the other candidates promise that come October, if they're not leading in the polls, they drop out so Ford only has ONE challenger? I'm terrified that we're gonna have a Ford vs Chow vs Tory 3-way where Ford squeaks out a victory because of the vote splitting three ways. Left vs Centre/Right vs insanity (Ford Nation).

His latest is that the decision to arrest is still not made. Kind of puts a damper on all this imminent arrest talk.

Don't the police have an obligation to arrest if they have evidence he broke the law? I understand the potential bombshell it would entail but our justice system shouldn't revolve around setting up stages and organizing press conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back