3.9K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 656     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennachetti using a new accounting method by counting "efficiencies." Wonder what Ford has over him...

According to Danial Dale:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 13m

Bascially, anything that didn't require property tax money in that particular year has been counted by the city as an "efficiency."

If this is the case, I have to agree. That sure doesn't sound like speaking truth to power, or any of the other values of a professional public servant that were drilled into me in school. And to me, it's one of the most distressing ways that Ford has impacted the city.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 18m
Among the other "efficiencies": $6.5 million "one time draw from social housing reserves," $12 million draw from child care reserves.

WTF? That makes no sense.

That was the most frustrating part for me as well. You'd think they would have prepared a better rebuttal?

But how could they possibly have predicted that Ford would use his "I saved the city a billion dollars" claim?

The whole debate was horseshit. You could see that right off the bat in the "free for all" portion, when Gord Martineau trapped the five bees in a Mason jar, shook it up, and told them to start fighting.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 12m
"Rob Ford is responsible for making the sun shine in the morning" Cllr John Parker on @CP24 on things learned from the debate #TOpoli

LOL! Love his dry sense of humour. Parker for Mayor!!

How does drawing from a reserve count as "saving money"?

This report, whether accurate or not, will be big for Ford. Dumb people who would consider voting for him aren't interested in the details.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 21m
Among the other "efficiencies": $6.5 million "one time draw from social housing reserves," $12 million draw from child care reserves.

Wait. What? So now if you withdraw money from savings to cover an expense that you couldn't (or didn't) cover with revenue that's considered an "efficiency"? That makes my head hurt.

Because the number is totally bullshit, but nobody seems to be able to effectively call Rob Ford on it.

If you look at the numbers, there are savings for scrapping the vehicle registration tax, money taken from reserves, budgets where they didn't end up paying as much as they expected to, and increased user fees. So he's essentially claiming he saved his household money by quitting his second job, taking money from his savings account instead of chequing account, not buying that new home entertainment system he briefly thought of buying, and charging his children rent.

Because the number is totally bullshit, but nobody seems to be able to effectively call Rob Ford on it.

If you look at the numbers, there are savings for scrapping the vehicle registration tax, money taken from reserves, budgets where they didn't end up paying as much as they expected to, and increased user fees. So he's essentially claiming he saved his household money by quitting his second job, taking money from his savings account instead of chequing account, not buying that new home entertainment system he briefly thought of buying, and charging his children rent.

One of the candidates should use this...oh wait, they're all effing terrible.

And don't forget all the efficiencies of unfilled jobs, where some salary money might be saved by not paying for people who aren't there, but city services are falling behind and getting backlogged or service quality is deteriorating. That cost needs to be factored in.

Absolutely wild speculation but wondering now if any charges will be related to intimidating a city official?

How does drawing from a reserve count as "saving money"? This report, whether accurate or not, will be big for Ford. Dumb people who would consider voting for him aren't interested in the details.

I am seriously almost in tears at this point. Perhaps it's time to admit that Ford seems to have some sort of weird stronghold on this city. I want to believe that big consequences are coming his way. But I'm starting to lose faith. It seems that Ford will never have to properly account for anything, ever.

This is really strange. Why is Penachetti all of a sudden coming out with this? I am seriously considering the possibility that the Fords have something on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back