124     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 879     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "unlimited" articles are subscription-only, so you can't bypass the lock with private browsing.

It's always worked for me. I assumed it was because by using private browsing, it can't tell that you've used up your free views.

Like the post you're responding to explained, Globe and Mail Unlimited articles are subscription-only, therefore it doesn't matter whether you've used up your free views or not.

If you wanna see what he means, try to read this article without subscribing:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/try-...ider/?contentRedirect=true&articleId=17021181

Heh, not only have I gotten to learn some wonderful new words from UT, but also how to get around a paywall. Speaking of which, the Star has some highlights (lowlights?) of Ford's recent votes. Still haven't figured out how he voted against kittens.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._items_he_tried_to_shoot_down_at_council.html

From that link: "Councillor Joe Mihevc asked council to ask the premier to speed up efforts to retrofit seniors’ homes with automatic sprinklers, in view of the L’Isle Verte disaster. Rob and Doug Ford were the only nays, 40-2."

Of all the items on the list, this one makes me truly ill. They're all shameful, but this? I can't fathom what would provoke someone to vote against this. TBH, I don't even want to try.

Last edited:
From that link: "Councillor Joe Mihevc asked council to ask the premier to speed up efforts to retrofit seniors’ homes with automatic sprinklers, in view of the L’Isle Verte disaster. Rob and Doug Ford were the only nays, 40-2."

Of all the items on the list, this one makes me truly ill. They're all shameful, but this? I can't fathom what would provoke someone to vote against this. TBH, I don't even want to try.

This needs to be used against Rob during the mayorality campaign. I can't imagine the logic here, other than he is want to reduce spending no matter what.

I'd imagine he'd give the same half-baked reply that he gave in regards to why he voted against urging the province to give more money for TCHC... that it needlessly antagonizes the other levels of government when they aren't going to do it or some-such.

Rotary Club? It almost suggests some Masonic element. lol

I looked up rexdale rotary club and rob ford connections, it led to a link of a video of 3 youth asking councilers from the area to walk a mile in their shoes, it was a video through the Sun but it is no longer available. Does anyone remember it? Or who they were?

This is sincerely one of the most horrifying things I've ever heard. What is wrong with them??

In Doolittle's book it just mentions that Doug Sr. helped found the area's Rotary Club. Please don't extend the Rotary to Masonic etc. I've got lots of family in the Masons and some in Rotary - different things. Both are service clubs, the Masons are a bit secretive and cagey, but neither org would want to deal with shady stuff.

I am sure they do great work, I was just looking to see if there was anyone who had info on the youth that challenged him? There are a few politicians who bulk up their profiles on the backs of good charitable organizations . It doesn't mean the organizations are bad,

This is sincerely one of the most horrifying things I've ever heard. What is wrong with them??

"F you guys" is what's wrong with them. That's literally all they care about now as their little fiefdom starts to circle the drain faster and faster.

I am sure they do great work, I was just looking to see if there was anyone who had info on the youth that challenged him? There are a few politicians who bulk up their profiles on the backs of good charitable organizations . It doesn't mean the organizations are bad,

The only thing I saw re the current Ford generation and the Rotary org was a mention in Dougie's bio for Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back