779     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 923     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 640     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was hockey, this is Canada and #WeAreWinter. Lots of people took it seriously, just like they will today. He wasn't out of line.

I didn't say it was "out of line", I just said it reminded me that he's a big man-child.

Rob at downtown bar to watch Olympic hockey. Permission to get sh*t-faced...

MaryamSun1 1:11pm via Twitter for BlackBerry®
When asked about being at bar, Ford said: "I'm asking the taxpayers to give me two hours off so I can support Canada."

Rob at downtown bar to watch Olympic hockey. Permission to get sh*t-faced...

MaryamSun1 1:11pm via Twitter for BlackBerry®
When asked about being at bar, Ford said: "I'm asking the taxpayers to give me two hours off so I can support Canada."

'Because otherwise they won't win and then I can't take credit for it' ...

sorry for bringing up an older post, but i'm catching up on some things i wanted to comment on.

I'm guessing we'll lose JimmyT's insights on this particular part of the discussion, which is a shame but completely understandable. It's likely for the same reasons that I can't really share my insights on a different aspect of the discussion. The same can probably be said for a number of otherwise-active contributors in this thread. I have to admit, for the glib and cynical bast@rd that I am, I get cold feet. If I were a braver and more-prinicipled person, I would be more generous with my knowledge. I b!tch about the stupidity of the electorate, but maybe the problem is my cowardice?

vox... sounds like what you know must be big. what are you worried would happen if you shared?

That's the danger of these people I could prove how I know what I know very easily. Would it put me and my family in danger? Probably. Will anything actually change, no. This particular organization has intertwined itself so much in our civil and political infrastructure while developing legitimate fronts and business to hide behind and to maintain their power and influence.

iclaudis... what do you think toronto would have to do to free itself from these shady elements?

Last edited:
sorry for bringing up an older post, but i'm catching up on some things i wanted to comment on.

vox... sounds like what you know must be big. what are you worried would happen if you shared?

iclaudis... what do you think toronto would have to do to free itself from these shady elements?

You might infer that, by virtue of a person's family, friends and/or career, that person has knowledge of circumstances which, if the person were revealed to have disclosed, would have negative implications for that person's family, friends and/or career, as the case may be.

Put it another way: remember the poster who talked about getting inside dirt from the "one and only Somalian on the TPS"? I tend to take the opposite approach to my sources, which sometimes means not sharing at all for fear that my source could be traceable.

The chapter that was founded by his father.

It's not just the lack of education - of course there are extremely bright and able people without diplomas or degrees - but these guys have kinda built a myth around themselves as great businessmen etc and so on when really their experience is the family company.

i guess maybe to those that have robyn's book... does it talk about the rotary club at all?

my gut tells me we'd learn something from looking into their rotary club activities and connections.

Tell us something we don't already know... The woman is utterly useless. I think I once described her as a schoolteacher who has lost control of her classroom. I honestly don't know how she got elected or if she has a single original thought in her entire body.

What was amusing was when Rob Ford had to take over the chair and he did a *far better job* of keeping things running smoothly than Nunziata ever did. That's pretty bad when Ford does a better job than you.

Oh man... tuned back in to see him playing speaker, and couldn't imagine why. This, and the description of Nunziata's coddling, is icing on the cake.

Your description is spot on, complete with oddly seeking to curry favor with the most poorly-behaved students in the classroom, due to complete failure to grasp the nature of the situation. Complete and utter dysfunction.

i guess maybe to those that have robyn's book... does it talk about the rotary club at all?

my gut tells me we'd learn something from looking into their rotary club activities and connections.

I don't think so. I don't remember so anyway.
Would you like to borrow my copy? It only took a day to finish it. So you would have your answer quickly.

Would anyone mind copy/pasting the text of this Globe "Unlimited" (cough) article for those of us who aren't members of the paywall? Thanks.

FYI, you can access articles from sources that have a limited number of free views per month when you've used up the free views by using Chrome and right clicking the link and selecting "open link in incognito window." There are probably ways in other browsers, too.

FYI, you can access articles from sources that have a limited number of free views per month when you've used up the free views by using Chrome and right clicking the link and selecting "open link in incognito window." There are probably ways in other browsers, too.

The "unlimited" articles are subscription-only, so you can't bypass the lock with private browsing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back