1.1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.2K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious as to who'll run in Ward 2. With DoFo not running again, it leaves the field wide open. That is unless Doug's threat of getting Krista to run was legit. Even then, I don't see the sexist, racist crowd the Ford's hold so much sway with being that keen on a female candidate.

A couple of candidates are already registered.

I agree that the field will be open to a wide range of candidates, but I'm not sure that there will be a significant shift in the ideological orientation of whoever is elected, unless someone who's well-known and respected locally decides to run. I wonder if the ward is going to get more media attention than would normally be afforded to a council race simply because of Rob and Doug. I can see a situation where very few people really know who is actually running for council in that ward because most of the focus will be on the outgoing councillor. On the other hand, it also wouldn't surprise me if the candidates focus on comparing themselves with Doug Ford's record (such as it is) and priorities instead of each other.

I wonder if failed "Ford Nation" candidate Gus Cusimano - and his lawyer, Lorne Honickman - are ready for 2014. If they were to beat Augimeri - it would have been last time around, when Ford was a major force, the first election after Sunrise Propane and before Gussy got busted for elections violations. It came close.

As for the rest of them - (do you mean Cho?) - good luck.

Cusimano submitted his papers January 29 as a Candidate for Councillor in Ward 9....
Do you think Cho will be an MPP before October 2014? He'll add one more to the geriatric brigade of the PC caucus...

By giving his lists of councillors that he likes and dislikes, he is giving reverse support to those he dislikes and the kiss-of-death to those he likes.

Just like the Rob Ford Jersey Curse.

I can't believe he's already trying to attack Chow and Tory by name.

You know, I had been worried about the "slate" when he mentioned it in the last election and won, but to come out with something so poorly formed is almost laughable. He hasn't found candidates in these wards and he's hoping this announcement will lure someone who's interested? He's crowd sourcing for political pawns. Because no one has signed on, and no one is choosing to be a part of his slate. He might get some Ford Nation grunts, no one actually serious or experienced in the job.

I wonder why Mamo was not on the list? He's as much, if not more of, an ass kisser than the others are.
He supports Ford 99 times out of a hundred. However:
Coun. Giorgio Mammoliti -- a member of Ford's executive committee -- issued a statement urging the mayor to get addiction treatment.

"If it is in their power, the mayor's family needs to intervene and attempt to get him to a drug rehabilitation centre," Mammoliti stated. "I fear that if the mayor does not get help now he will succumb to health issues related to addiction.
This was enough to put him on Ford's s-hit list.

It says a lot that the Comments are closed!

They'd never allow comments, just like they don't like live questions at pressers. I do think this will bomb, however,it's boring as hell and I hope even Ford Nation can sense that. Helps if Doug appears to be sleeping.

I wonder how different things would be if the crack video dealer had approached either the Sun or Post instead of the Star. Natalie Alcoba would have likely have done fine, but who at the Sun could be trusted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back