1.1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.2K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cusimano submitted his papers January 29 as a Candidate for Councillor in Ward 9....
Do you think Cho will be an MPP before October 2014? He'll add one more to the geriatric brigade of the PC caucus...

Given the seat's demos, doubtful--given his age, it seems more like a "farewell to politics" bid...

I know what kind of online editable encyclopedia Ford Nation types like the most: Conservapedia. It is like Wikipedia, minus any liberal bias, real or perceived. Likewise, RationalWiki was created as a response to Conservapedia, except that RationalWiki lacks any conservative bias, real or perceived.

A couple of candidates are already registered.

I agree that the field will be open to a wide range of candidates, but I'm not sure that there will be a significant shift in the ideological orientation of whoever is elected, unless someone who's well-known and respected locally decides to run. I wonder if the ward is going to get more media attention than would normally be afforded to a council race simply because of Rob and Doug. I can see a situation where very few people really know who is actually running for council in that ward because most of the focus will be on the outgoing councillor. On the other hand, it also wouldn't surprise me if the candidates focus on comparing themselves with Doug Ford's record (such as it is) and priorities instead of each other.

I'd love to see all of those wing-nuts lining up for bobble-heads and to shake Ford's hand at the New Year's levee registering to run for council seats. "Vote for me---crazy cowboy hat and handlebar mustache guy from the Coffee Time down the street. I'll get the fluoride out of the drinking water, the queers out of the subway washrooms, and the government out of your pocket. And remember, a vote for me is a vote for Rob Ford."

I know what kind of online editable encyclopedia Ford Nation types like the most: Conservapedia. It is like Wikipedia, minus any liberal bias, real or perceived. Likewise, RationalWiki was created as a response to Conservapedia, except that RationalWiki lacks any conservative bias, real or perceived.

Ford Nation doesn't know how to use google. They're too busy watching hockey.

But those people were democratically elected by taxpayers. Why would he want to kick them out of council against the wishes of their constituents?

The intent is to have all of his supporters vote against those councilors when it is time for them to run again. This is what happens when you attack Kuwait. It's as if Rob wants to see himself as the top dog through which all power should have to be obtained. If he doesn't approve of someone's position of power, he takes it away. Likewise, those looking for power would have to go through him for approval (and requisite back scratching). You'd think he was trying to be a crime boss.

I wonder how different things would be if the crack video dealer had approached either the Sun or Post instead of the Star. Natalie Alcoba would have likely have done fine, but who at the Sun could be trusted?

the sun was approached, but turned it down...

Toronto Sun Editor-in-Chief James Wallace said he feels “a little bit stupid” after learning one of his editors disregarded a tipster who had approached the tabloid about the video allegedly showing Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack, before the scandal made headlines around the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/29/rob-ford-video-toronto-sun_n_3352813.html

“The question that was put, was – would we be willing to pay for a Rob Ford story, there was some video that they had,” James Wallace said in an interview on Tuesday afternoon. “My understanding is there was no mention of crack, no mention of the mayor smoking. It was a generic inquiry whether we paid for stories, and that there was a video that would be embarrassing to the mayor.”

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/t...-for-ford-video-but-declined/article12218301/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back