730     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
View attachment 21189

The more that RoFo becomes a popular cultural meme, the more that people could forget that he is a terrible mayor!

Luckily, this is not a real toy.

Edit to add: more merchanidse http://www.blogto.com/fashion_style/2013/12/the_best_and_worst_of_rob_ford_merch/
And yesterday, I saw someone had posted on twitter a t-shirt that read: It's not an emergency. It's a drunken stupor.

Batteries are included... but drained of power.

I know for a fact that a non-zero number of thread contributors have taken in friends & family during this emergency, but I'm sure it's fun to sit online and whine about people sitting online.

How exactly do you know that? I have three friends staying with me in a two bedroom apartment so there are five of us. Think before you press the button.

As for Ford he scares me on a whole new level now. He is completely incompetent, proven once again, and must be held accountable for this. Relief crews being brought in yesterday afternoon from out of Province and out of Country? Why wasn't that happening Sunday morning or early afternoon when the full scope of this disaster was apparent?

No Metroman for three weeks and a seemingly new influx of rightwing apologists. I think I might give this a rest for a while. But Happy Holidays everyone and thanks for keeping me informed over the past few months. I hope everyone is warm and safe.

No Metroman for three weeks and a seemingly new influx of rightwing apologists. I think I might give this a rest for a while. But Happy Holidays everyone and thanks for keeping me informed over the past few months. I hope everyone is warm and safe.

You recognize that healthy debate doesn't equal "right wing apologists" right? Someone saying "I think we got it wrong on this particular issue" does not make one a member of Ford Nation (especially when that person reiterates over and over how in general they despise the man)

Last edited:
How exactly do you know that? I have three friends staying with me in a two bedroom apartment so there are five of us. Think before you press the button.

As for Ford he scares me on a whole new level now. He is completely incompetent, proven once again, and must be held accountable for this. Relief crews being brought in yesterday afternoon from out of Province and out of Country? Why wasn't that happening Sunday morning or early afternoon when the full scope of this disaster was apparent?
Easy on the secret squirrel. He said a non-zero number. He doesn't know how many, but he knows at least one, so he's on your side!

And he was making a dig at an OP who was complaining about people sitting online complaining.

And yes, I agree. Emergency crews should have been brought in earlier. I know Hydro guys from outside of the city who were expecting phone calls that didn't come as early as they expected.

I guess it would be too much to ask for them to just hire more hydro crews so the next time we get hit with a massive weather event (which we will and more frequently, because that's what happens when the climate changes) we don't leave thousands of people freezing or in the summer roasting for days? Maybe even some sort of "bury the lines" project in places with a lot of lines hanging around big trees or something.

Probably not, because government can't create jobs. Only my buddies in the private sector can create jobs, because cough sputter efficiencies and whatnot hurf. Also we can't tax them to pay for any sort of upgrade to the grid because then they might take their balls and go home. Derf.

Thatcher had Galtieri to thank for pre-election distraction, Rob has the ice "storm"
If Ford is able to skate through this one, then we are all to blame. We need to be holding his feet to the flames for letting seniors, kids, and 1/3 of the city (or more?) freeze unnecessarily.
It would be good to use the hydro outage map and poster "Ford made us freeze" or words to that effect, non stop next year.
It is going to take a concerted effort by ALL OF US to get rid of him. We will all need to get out and talk to people. No armchair revolutionaries for this one.

Thatcher had Galtieri to thank for pre-election distraction, Rob has the ice "storm"

I don't know, the two situations are completely different. The Falklands demanded a strong solution and Thatcher dealt with it- it was clearly a situation where she was forced to act or have the UK lose face.

I would say the situation is more akin to the floods in Calgary. While in Calgary, Nenshi acted quickly, we've been dealing with a lack of leadership from Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back