4.5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 679     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a time when I felt some small measure of sympathy for Rob as a human being - despite his antics and lying and the politics and everything else. I felt bad for his addiction and the family that seemed to be enabling him. That all ended with his disgusting, vile smear job of Daniel Dale. It wasn't said in the heat of the moment - he has TRIPLE downed on it now. I really don't care what happens to that piece of human garbage anymore.

No, I think Godwin's Law is the perfect thing to bring up right about now. These comparisons/insinuations are totally off the mark and far more offensive than anything the so-called trolls of this forum are coming up with. Seems hatred is clouding some people's better judgement around here.

I pointed out that there are similarities in the mechanics of how both Ford, and Hitler came to power. I get that being compared to Hitler in any way is offensive, but it doesn't change the facts. If my comparison regarding the polarized electorate, and the inability of Ford's allies to tame Ford was "off the mark", please explain.

I could even add Ford's desire to add more mayoral powers, slash council's size, and remove oversight like the integrity commissioner as additional parallels.

Given the narrow scope of this particular comparison, and the fact that it's not being used for the purposes of argumentation, I'm arguing that Godwin's law doesn't apply. We have however confirmed Godwin's rule of Nazi analogies.

http://wiki.killfile.org/projects/usenet/faqs/godwin/

Peeper's seemed to really ratchet up his trolling after being accused of being a troll. I stuck up for him earlier, and he proved me wrong.
I put him on my ignore list long before he is accused of being a troll. I knew he was a troll very early and by putting him on my ignore list, I starve him.

I put him on my ignore list long before he is accused of being a troll. I knew he was a troll very early and by putting him on my ignore list, I starve him.

It's the only way to stop a troll. He'll be back to read all these posts, too; he won't be able to help himself.

Last edited:
I simply doesn't see that big of a deal. The type of person who at this point still thinks The Star is out to get Ford will most definitely not give then credit if Dale doesn't sue.

Pretty much. It's "Head's-I-Win/Tails-You-Lose" with the mindset that makes up Fraud Nayshun. They'll continue to screech about Ford being persecuted by the Star whether Dale sues Fatty or not. And I don't see that there's much in the way of strategic gain if Dale sues independently of the Star, as AoD suggests. Ford and his fans will simply go on screaming that the Star's behind it all, never mind the reality of the situation. In any event, Dale would likely need the Star's financial help if he does elect to go down this route.

You know, it just occured to me: Almost immediately after Rofo slimes an innocent man as being a pedophile, Dofo literally starts bribing potential voters out in public, openly and without the least shame. You can't argue their actions are not gettiing demonstrably worse the longer they're allowed to stomp around unopposed.

Unfortunately I am sure he can find another IP address at Sun Media

It's a cute theory, but he's not actually Joe Warmington.

Now back on topic: anyone know anything further about what was supposed to be coming down the pipe this week?

"Coming down the pipe", "Have a crack", "Holy Hezza!"... so many simple everyday phrases now tainted forever by the Fordtastrophe.

I pointed out that there are similarities in the mechanics of how both Ford, and Hitler came to power. I get that being compared to Hitler in any way is offensive, but it doesn't change the facts. If my comparison regarding the polarized electorate, and the inability of Ford's allies to tame Ford was "off the mark", please explain.

My dog has four legs, whiskers and a tail. My cat also has four legs, whiskers and a tail. Is my cat anything like a dog?

No one will be hearing from Peepers for a while.
I'm gonna miss him. Always thought he was a stark-raving lunatic, and I can't believe a few people here actually bought his act, but I have to give him credit: when he said jump, he almost always got a bunch of people to say how high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back