5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 709     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot adequately put into words what I think about this woman and her latest antics as I would be banned from this forum for using foul language. I have long viewed McConnell as an opportunist (witness her controversial Regent Park condo purchase) but this is a disgusting low for McConnell.

Please provide the details, as in the facts, regarding McConnell's questionable purchase at One Cole. No cheating, so no old Toronto Sun links. I know, we've been here already but this one brought it up again.

I would have clocked Ford right between the eyes had he have done that to me but her being more civilized than myself, she takes the legal avenue. 300 "pounds of fun" with psychological issues knocked this woman with terrific force 1/4 turn and then down. I'd sue his butt if the Integrity Commissioner's report came back in my favor. I've heard that she's also legally blind, but I can't source that as a fact.

stumbled upon this tonight. notice anything? : >

[video=youtube;8SY1aPjpFhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SY1aPjpFhI?hd=1[/video]

can't help but wonder if it was filmed on the same day the now infamous photo was taken… it was definitely filmed around the same time the crack video was shot based on the post date.
There's no snow on the ground in the video.

can't help but wonder if it was filmed on the same day the now infamous photo was taken… it was definitely filmed around the same time the crack video was shot based on the post date. also, anyone else thinks he looks a little, err… rough?

Looks like fall, there's colour in the tree leaves.

It's Friday. Give ol' Doug a break, He's only had, like, TWO DAYS, to think this through. He's tired. He's a businessman, not a LYING politician. He's done more than...the...he's the tireless...C'mon folks...He's running on sheer adrenalin. His synapses are popping like bugs in a July skeeter light. The man can only give so much. Leave him alone, Sylvia Stalin! *weeps* Piling on, bullying, media, bleeargh etc.

Sadly, it's Friday. So this particular, epic, clownshow will likely not make it to the coming weeknight comedy pantheon. That was really quite something, the likes of which have been seldom seen since the meltdown of, oh, let's say, ought-eight! The sheer ignorance of wagging at 'Pravda' was the best, though. Unless, of course, Doug's cultivating a post-Movember handlebar, going to the docks and freedom-fighting for his Solidarinosc brethren.

It was a horrible incident. The complete breakdown of any kind of decorum, with Rob and Doug looking to pick fights with the audience like a tag-team of over the hill wrestlers, was shocking and disgusting. And 350lb Rob Ford running over a five-foot tall 60-something year old woman and hardly giving her a glance of concern as he raced back to puff his chest at his citizen critics shows what a despicable person he truly is. McConnell at the moment was very understated about it, probably out of a desire not to see council further dragged far far back into the Fordian age. It isn't an accident if it's a result of someone operating outside the boundaries of proper comportment in the arena they're in. She should hold him responsible for it. The "lucky to be alive" quote does undermine her cause, so hopefully it's taken here out of context.

Learning of Mayor Rob Ford and his thought to repeal Canada's government supported Social Insurance system I wonder how Canadians would react if this was attempted?

I can assure you that if this were attempted in Canada, Canadians would riot in the streets - Rob Ford supporters included.

Please provide the details, as in the facts, regarding McConnell's questionable purchase at One Cole. No cheating, so no old Toronto Sun links. I know, we've been here already but this one brought it up again.

By her own admission she was given first dibs on a condo unit before it went on sale to the general public because she was part of some special "insider" club (I believe that was the term used).

Now people will say "big deal" - this is how all condos are sold - the first buyers are always given a special deal as risk-takers but lets remember One Cole was unlike any other condo project in that the building was close to completion before it ever went on sale. There was no upfront risk for the buyers!

It was thanks to a deal with the city that the developer was able to build the condo tower before putting the units on sale (normally 60% of a project must be sold before a shovel goes in the ground).

It was a unique and very special opportunity therefore for the select group of "insiders" who were given first shot - and lo and behold look who wound up with one of the most coveted units in the building - the local Councillor who pushed for and voted in favor of the special arrangement between the developer and the city!

The integrity commissioner investigated and found no wrongdoing. There is no allegation that what took place was illegal but I think it stinks still the same!

Last edited:
My favourite moment from today's presser with Doug was an exchange between Doug and the Sun's Don Peat. It went down almost like this:

Peat: Doug, why is your brother allegedly hanging out in a crack house?
Ford: You know what, Don. Screw you. Your paper has gone down the toilet now.
Peat: The paper that endorsed you in 2010?
Ford: Yeah, everyone changes.
Peat: So did the mayor.
(brief awkward silence from Ford)

Way to go, Don!

It was a horrible incident. The complete breakdown of any kind of decorum, with Rob and Doug looking to pick fights with the audience like a tag-team of over the hill wrestlers, was shocking and disgusting. And 350lb Rob Ford running over a five-foot tall 60-something year old woman and hardly giving her a glance of concern as he raced back to puff his chest at his citizen critics shows what a despicable person he truly is. McConnell at the moment was very understated about it, probably out of a desire not to see council further dragged far far back into the Fordian age. It isn't an accident if it's a result of someone operating outside the boundaries of proper comportment in the arena they're in. She should hold him responsible for it. The "lucky to be alive" quote does undermine her cause, so hopefully it's taken here out of context.

If you look at the video of the accidental encounter it almost looked like Ford and McConnell were performing a ballroom dance move this is why it is so ridiculous for McConnell to be claiming that she is "lucky to be alive" after what was a mild encounter with the mayor.

Did McConnell --

-- smoke crack?
-- lie repeatedly?
-- consort with gangsters?
-- get drunk on taxpayers' time?
-- all the other shit?

Maybe shut your pie hole?

If you look at the video of the accidental encounter it almost looked like Ford and McConnell were performing a ballroom dance move this is why it is so ridiculous for McConnell to be claiming that she is "lucky to be alive" after what was a mild encounter with the mayor.

If Rob wasn't such an imbecile stuck in a man's body there wouldn't have been any kind of "encounter with the mayor". Mild or otherwise.

My favourite moment from today's presser with Doug was an exchange between Doug and the Sun's Don Peat. It went down almost like this:

Peat: Doug, why is your brother allegedly hanging out in a crack house?
Ford: You know what, Don. Screw you. Your paper has gone down the toilet now.
Peat: The paper that endorsed you in 2010?
Ford: Yeah, everyone changes.
Peat: So did the mayor.
(brief awkward silence from Ford)

Way to go, Don!

Don Peat has been so dry (like non-absorbent, parched even) over the last few months that it has been hard to tell where he's at. That rare column he wrote today or yesterday, though, holy mackinaw joe. Barrels, both of them, blasting. Billy Jack moment. You kind of get the feeling that his cautious, even-handed, professionalism, doling out the factually reported tweets as he went, was driving him gazoink-nuts. Hope he's still going to be covering the beat and not, you know, sent to obits or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back