5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 709     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I completely out of it or did Ford list off a whack of Italian-descended councillors as his only supporters left (other than his brother). Has Fordo just stepped in it?

Rob just claimed he didn't know Lisi 2 years ago. Didn't he write a reference letter stating he worked on his campaign 3 years ago? Not another lie Rob, oh dear.

Seriously? What a crackpot - no pun intended... So why did he give a reference letter to a guy he didn't even know...? Let alone a criminal?

The man is seriously not even competent enough to keep his own lies straight.

Rob Ford hiring volunteers to help run his office? Presumably Interns too? Council dropped the ball on the language there.

LeDrew is actually grilling him a bit here.

No he wasn't...that was just part of the pre-planned conversation he had with them before the show started...."hey guys, I'm gonna have to make it look like I'm asking some tough questions to counter the obvious favouritism I've given you. Now let's devise something that looks good but you can deflect quickly, and I won't call you on it"

LeDrew's partisan position is just so over the top for what I thought was a relatively neutral news organization (or is it just LeDrew, who comes from a crazy right-wing nutbar talk show like 1010)

He's proud of his loyalty. He's the guy who stays your friend even if you went down the wrong path in life.

It's actually not a bad trait... provided you don't also go down the "wrong path" (as Robbie did :p) and maybe make more of an effort to "straighten out" your friends (rather than becoming their client).

And "I'm not a rat" as in "please don't whack me". His inferences go in so many directions

Rob Ford hiring volunteers to help run his office? Presumably Interns too? Council dropped the ball on the language there.
I don't see how council could reasonably prevent him from using volunteers or interns. Ostensibly the reason his staff was reduced was that they would be transferred to Kelly to help him carry out the transferred mayor duties, and not to punish Ford. In other words, the staff change was about change in workload, and not punitive. If Ford can manage to hoodwink people into volunteering for him, that should be his business.

I don't know if the NBC interview has been posted yet, but here it is. By far the best interview I've seen so far. Wish we had reporters like this in Toronto

[video=youtube;BMp8JLNSbsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMp8JLNSbsw[/video]

Wow, the Deputy Mayor is very forthright in answering all nature of questions, and he actually answers questions. How refreshing.

Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNm4gCkMatU
I can't find the one shot from a better angle, but at least near the beginning of this one, you can see he is the happy drunk Rob: red faced, shaking hands, and smiling when people are screaming 'Shame' at him.
I would doubt he has quit anything except living in consensual reality.

This clip has a better angle:
[video=youtube;gHMDQcTdbHU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHMDQcTdbHU#t=42[/video]
Shame that the crowd rose to DoFo's baiting.

No he wasn't...that was just part of the pre-planned conversation he had with them before the show started...."hey guys, I'm gonna have to make it look like I'm asking some tough questions to counter the obvious favouritism I've given you. Now let's devise something that looks good but you can deflect quickly, and I won't call you on it"

LeDrew's partisan position is just so over the top for what I thought was a relatively neutral news organization (or is it just LeDrew, who comes from a crazy right-wing nutbar talk show like 1010)

LeDrew was President of the Liberal Party of Canada for about 5 years....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back