606     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 539     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I've done ten times more calls then David Miller has done"

Why do I get the feeling he's pulling numbers out his a*s

It frustrates me so much that these two idiots (rofo & dofo) don't understand that I don't CARE how many damn phone calls the mayor of Toronto returns. I don't care how many potholes he personally shows up to inspect. I need the mayor to be a high level thinker... to understand at once all of the complicated issues the city faces and develop high level, long term strategic and political plans to solve those problems or at least work towards that goal. I need him or her to be able to work with council, display leadership, drive consensus and just generally get stuff done. Also, standing in front of a camera to represent the city in an intelligent, dignified manner without resorting to moronic cliches and catch phrases would be icing on the cake.

I guess I'm just not cut out for Ford Nation.

Why wouldn't Ford lie? No one calls him on anything. If you do, you're a Leftist.

We've reached USA levels of discourse.

Is someone keeping a matrix of Ford's repetitive talking points?

-I'm only human, nobody's perfect, I haven't met a perfect person
-I've been straight as an arrow for 13 years; never missed a council meeting
-Sure I have scandals but I'll never have a financial scandal with taxpayer's money (unless you count giving raises to brand new staffers, buying drugs during work hours etc.)
-Let the voters decide October 27
-Talk is cheap, action speaks louder than words.
-I can't talk about Sandro Lisi in anyway because it's before the courts (LeDrew at least pointed out "your friendship isn't before the courts")
-I take pictures with everyone
-The Toronto Star sucks
-One isolated incident
-I want to see the video. Anytime anywhere. In the meantime, how can I tell you what I remember about it?

Every time, exact same words. Does he not realize all these videos are being aired everywhere? That people can see him repeating himself senselessly? Yeah, I know the answer...

Let's not forget "I'm never drinking again, 100% guaranteed." I'm liking how that one's shaping up.

It is highly presumptuous and sexist to assume because a woman is dressed like this, or in a picture like this, that her character and employment is of a questionable nature. Seriously, we're all grownups here.

I did however have a little giggle at the eyes staring in through the door.

Can we stop with the 'faux outrage' thing? A 20 year old partying with an old man doesn't get a 'faux outrage' pass. Unless it's your niece's friend -- and the niece is just late in arriving -- it smells like week old fish.

LeDrew started off with some promise and then by the end he was referring to Ford as "Your Excellency".

At least now we have the 100% guarantee that he will never drink or do drugs again.

Cue the inevitable Twitter/LCBO pictures.

I don't CARE how many damn phone calls the mayor of Toronto returns. I don't care how many potholes he personally shows up to inspect. I need the mayor to be a high level thinker... to understand at once all of the complicated issues the city faces and develop high level, long term strategic and political plans to solve those problems or at least work towards that goal.
Ford seems to think that the mayor is just a kind of "super-councillor", and that his job is essentially constituent work. Remember that his mom said that the way you could tell he was still doing his job was that he was going to all the parades. Ford doesn't understand the notion of developing long-term strategies for the city (or for his political career), and doesn't understand the notion of compromise, of building and spending political capital. He sees everything through the lens of a councillor who works to make individual constituents happy -- in his view, the mayor's job is to keep potholes filled.

Rob just claimed he didn't know Lisi 2 years ago. Didn't he write a reference letter stating he worked on his campaign 3 years ago? Not another lie Rob, oh dear.

I'm no lawyer, but I have a gut feeling that there is an element of criminality here. The reference letter wasn't for a job, after all. It was for a sentencing hearing on a conviction for making threats. We all knew the claim that Lisi worked Fords campaign in 2010 was bulls**t, but now Ford has confirmed it himself.

Ford seems to think that the mayor is just a kind of "super-councillor", and that his job is essentially constituent work. Remember that his mom said that the way you could tell he was still doing his job was that he was going to all the parades. Ford doesn't understand the notion of developing long-term strategies for the city (or for his political career), and doesn't understand the notion of compromise, of building and spending political capital. He sees everything through the lens of a councillor who works to make individual constituents happy -- in his view, the mayor's job is to keep potholes filled.

All the parades except Pride...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back