821     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 743     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 314     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug uses a lot of really violent language and talks about beating Rob, beating him down, etc. Not saying he means it literally, but I certainly notice it.

From the Toronto Life profile:

For the Fords, their father’s rags-to-riches saga lies at the heart of the family mythology—a narrative of true grit that Rob Ford has adopted as part of his own political persona. Whenever he talks about growing up in the shadow of all that striving, he still sounds awed, parroting the mantra of a stern but adored disciplinarian as if it continues to echo in his ear. His father “would do anything for his kids,†he says, in the staccato burst of maxims that make up his normal mode of speech. “But you gotta work, be on time, never miss a day of work. You don’t sleep in at the Fords’ house. You’re up and at it.â€

Does this suggest anything? What were the Ford kids supposed to be working on? (Not schoolwork, I assume, since Rob still reads haltingly and all four siblings seem proud of their ignorance.) It sounds incredibly autocratic. What happened if they wanted to sleep in? (How did they have any time to deal hash?) If these were the values Rob grew up with, why has he turned into the kind of guy who won't show up for anything before 11?

Ford clearly worships his father, to the point of being unable to tolerate that the man got sick and died -- I mean the ITO has him repeatedly calling staffers from his dad's grave, crying about his dad's death while liquored up, etc. This man is incredibly, incredibly dominated by his parents.

And I mean yeah, it doesn't ultimately matter how this loathsome family became so loathsome, but I like to rubberneck.

Last edited:
The article you linked to was quite germane. The rest of the nutblog was...erm...disconcerting. Axes to grind, etc. Put the germane bit into blurry relief and kinda diminished the good point that was striving to be made, i.e., the general deep-end of high-friends-in-low-places excremental slop that is extruding in stinky torrents AS WE TYPE.

I don't know anything about the rest of that blog. I just linked to the first thing I found that had the info I wanted. I knew someone a few years ago that was loosely involved with that shady pageant, so I heard a few things first-hand.

To be completely honest with you I think those who have the propensity to continue reposting this video to the thread have a skewed vision of what the majority of voters in this democracy see as representing them. I think if you ask the average person on Dixington or Willowdale or Kennedy who represents them more, Ford or the protesters, they'll say the former... and I think that's largely what helped him get elected, it was the view of the majority of voters of this city that they are being unfairly controlled by the type of people in this video.

I don't entirely disagree with your sentiment--at least as it regards "Ford Nation". However, it's a bit of a stretch to say Ford ever represented the "majority" of voters. He won 47% of 53.2% of the electorate. He barely got 25% of voters. He won because there were no credible candidates on the right, because Pantalone and Smitherman split votes and because he looks and acts, supposedly, like a guy you'd want to have a beer with.

Personally, I've never understood the appeal of having a beer with someone who is marginally literate, belligerent, doesn't respect the rights of others and is racist.

Last edited:
I don't entirely disagree with your sentiment--at least as it regards "Ford Nation". However, it's a bit of a stretch to say Ford ever represented the "majority" of voters. He won 47% of 53.2% of the electorate. He barely got 25% of voters. He won because there were no credible candidates on the right, because Pantalone and Smitherman split votes and because he looks and acts, supposedly, like a guy you'd want to have a beer with.

Personally, I've never understood the appeal of having a beer with someone who is marginally literate, belligerent, doesn't respect the rights of others and is racist.

I wonder how many of those people still think Ford would be fun to have a beer with?

Not to mention likes to grab ass and/or proposition random women for oral sex. Gross.

But maybe the women of Ford Nation like that kind of thing.

You won't find gang related stuff in the news unless there are plenty of talkative witnesses, deaths or demonstrable property damage. The victims (the venues) have as much of an incentive to hide these events as the perps.

A top defence attorney is a partner at BH, right?

His substance abuse is one problem. Who knows what happened in his childhood. I feel with his high stress tolerance and fearlessness Rob Ford has always come off as a bit of a psychopath to me. I'd love for someone to do a psychological assessment (throw Doug in too)... All this lying is only making it seem more and more real.

Last edited:
Have followed this thread for a few weeks now - first post.

The "domestic assault" on August 27 is noted on page 351 of the less-redacted ITO. Call to police at 6:51 p.m. Some blacked-out text.

Then on page 353, seven minutes later, the "DECO cell" calls Lisi and four hours of exchanges begin:

i) On August 27th, at 6:58 hours, the DECO cell called LISI for a duration of 27
seconds.
iii) On August 27th, at 7:16PM, the Duty Inspector CRONE advised he was at or heading
to the call.
iv) On August 27th, at 7:18PM, LISI called the DECO cell for a duration of 27 seconds.
v) On August 27th, at 7:19PM, LISI called the Mayor's OnStar number for a duration of
25 seconds.
vi) On August 27th, at 7:22PM, LISI called PRICE for a duration of 27 seconds.

vii) On August 27th, at 7:23PM, LISI texted PRICE.
viii) On August 27th, at 7:23PM, LISI called the DECO number for a duration of 19
seconds.
ix) On August 27th, at 7:24PM, LISI called PRICE for a duration of 27 seconds.
x) On August 27th, at 7:25PM, LISI called PRICE for a duration of 54 seconds.
xi) On August 27th, at 7:30PM, PRICE texted LISI.
xii)On August 27th, at 7:59PM, the DECO cell called LISI for a duration of 1 minute and
30 seconds .
xiii) On August 27th, at 8:06PM, PRICE called LISI for a duration of 51 seconds.
xiv) On August 27th, at 8:08PM, the DECO cell called LISI for a duration of 37 seconds.
xv) On August 27th, at 9:07PM, the DECO cell called LISI for a duration of 1 minute and
3 seconds.
xvi) On August 27th, at 9:19 PM, the DECO cell called LISI for a duration of 51 seconds.
xvii) On August 27th, at 9:23 PM, LISI called the DECO cell for a duration of 34
seconds.
xviii)On August 27th, at 9:24PM, LISI called the DECO cell for a duration of 35
seconds.
xix) On August 27th, at 9:43PM, the DECO cell called LISI for a duration of 41 seconds.
xx) On August 27th, at 10:26 PM, the DECO cell called LISI for a duration of 1 minute
and 7 seconds.

Any ideas what that was all about?

The most interesting thing to me is that Rob (and Doug particularly) believe their own lies. They really do think they did nothing wrong, and that everyone behaves like them.

I've had a lot of dealings with career criminals (bank robbers, arsonists, murderers) and that attitude is absolutely familiar from them: they always have a reason for what they did and why it wasn't so bad and why they should be forgiven for it and how unfair it was they got caught. And they really believe it.

In other news, it's now clear that TPS has been covering up RoFo's drink/driving. Towhey essentially acknowledged as much on the radio.

Furthermore it's clear that the real focus of the Brazen investigation was the potential link between the Mayor's office and Smith's cellphone (which the Towhey interview indicates went missing on the night of the murder). That's tied up with the Lisi extortion charge and the conspiracy to delete the video files outlined in the Vice story (which ManuvSteele may or may not have had something to do with). I assume that investigation is active and ongoing.

Oh, and also, the reason they pulled in Lisi on the drugs charge initially was probably so they could get him on the record about the cellphone without tipping anyone else off that that was what they were interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back