865     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 776     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 326     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford isn't insisting that he is such a positive role model for kids, despite all the evidence that he's a horrible role model for anyone, because he is marching to the orders of some powerful crook higher up. He's lost in some very sad delusion and he's trying to hang on to the idea of himself as a respectable community leader - winning football coach, tax-fighting mayor. With his unbelievable poor judgement and despicable family it's quite possible that he's got himself into a horrible mess where other people were hurt. But the dynamic driving him now might be something small and lonely.

Bingo. This isn't a conspiracy story. It's a tragedy about a small, broken man. He will earn my sympathy when he realizes this and resigns his office completely.

You won't find gang related stuff in the news unless there are plenty of talkative witnesses, deaths or demonstrable property damage. The victims (the venues) have as much of an incentive to hide these events as the perps.

I got my source from the TPS and it fits with accounts from other people who I've spoken with on the matter and with follow up activities consistent with those events such as Brant House installing fire proof iron doors the following day. When inquiring, I also found that Product nightclub and Cinema were also victims of the same type of attack. Whoever is doing this is being careful not to kill anybody as it's always done after hours. They're sending a message.

I don't mean to make a connection with these attacks and Rob Ford other than to point out that this echelon of organized crime was at the very least interested in purchasing leverage with the Mayor -- i.e. suitcases with cash.
Oh, so great then - a mob war is bubbling up to the surface in Toronto, and it's not only got our politicians but our police too. Jesus, it's like gotham city haha.

I had more faith in Bill Blair to stop organized crime. Project Traveller, a year-long multi-million dollar investigation into guns and crime, wound up with the arrests of a few dixon goonies and left everyone else unscathed. Is there something I'm missing here? From your sources, is more coming here?

I dunno---if he goes to jury trial, doesn't this all come out in open court?

All depends on what evidence the Crown chooses present. The defence may or may not respond, or offer other evidence, depending on whether they feel the Crown has met legal standards for conviction on the specific charge.

Oh, so great then - a mob war is bubbling up to the surface in Toronto, and it's not only got our politicians but our police too. Jesus, it's like gotham city haha.

I had more faith in Bill Blair to stop organized crime. Project Traveller, a year-long multi-million dollar investigation into guns and crime, wound up with the arrests of a few dixon goonies and left everyone else unscathed. Is there something I'm missing here? From your sources, is more coming here?

Yeah things seem to be shaping up much as in Quebec. I sure hope there are more arrests than just some Dixon Bloods.

Where's our version of Batman and Robin? We need them.

Yeah things seem to be shaping up much as in Quebec. I sure hope there are more arrests than just some Dixon Bloods.

Politics are and always will be crooked. FOREVER - corruption has been going on without anyone being aware until things don't go according to plan. You will never get rid of this - and sometimes its not a bad thing as it can avoid chaos in certain times. What I don't like is being showed "IT" or incompetence that we otherwise wouldn't know about or debate about to the extent that it disrupts business. Organized crime is pretty good (centuries of practice) of keeping out of the public eye - its the "dis-organized politician" that is RoFo that we don't want to hear or know about... Rob Ford is probably Mr. Magoo to the people who smoothly went about their own business under our noses - and if they were/are doing a good job, they were probably doing it under the nose of other Mayors too - and nobody knew...

Last edited:
Rob Ford's view of freedom:

2uif0at.jpg

Yes themarc, its sad but true. It just sucks the idealism right out of me to realize how corrupt society is and that we're just supposed to be ok with it.

[video=youtube_share;OWXioLYrf3o]http://youtu.be/OWXioLYrf3o[/video]

To be completely honest with you I think those who have the propensity to continue reposting this video to the thread have a skewed vision of what the majority of voters in this democracy see as representing them. I think if you ask the average person on Dixington or Willowdale or Kennedy who represents them more, Ford or the protesters, they'll say the former... and I think that's largely what helped him get elected, it was the view of the majority of voters of this city that they are being unfairly controlled by the type of people in this video.

I side far more with the people in the video, actually, but I don't really see the point of continuous reposting, what happened happened but we're currently fighting for the hearts and minds of Agincourt not Leslieville and we face the image of ourselves slamming down their throats once again. Be gentle, they've had a hard time of it, they live in Agincourt for God's sake.

I've been thinking about how much "drowning sorrows" and "chasing away demons" Rob Ford reportedly does. Alcohol, weed, cocaine, crack, oxycontin. I'm NOT saying this is the case with the mayor, but I must observe that it's very common for individuals who were in some way abused at a young age to follow such a pattern. I can't be the only one who's had this thought. If that were the case here, it would add a very sad dimension to the story. And Rob is not the only reported addict in his family.

Could not participate in this thread today but just wanted to take a minute to congratulate all those who protested in person.
GREAT JOB!
Hopefully the # of people will grow and grow and grow for each event, until some drastic changes happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back