899     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 805     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 333     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all take a moment to remember that large parts of the ITO are still redacted in order to ensure Alexander Lisi's right to a fair trial for extortion? There's more, folks.

Speculation, but I would bet anything that Doug spearheaded the effort to retrieve the video. David Price's involvement seems like a big red flag---Sandro had the connections and if the order was coming from Rob alone, then Sandro could have worked without Price. Maybe those lawyers predicting a bad day for Doug thought some of this stuff would come out today.

ETA: Just recalling that info came out today suggesting Price knew the neighbourhood as well. But info also came out that made it clear Price was fully Doug's guy and not exactly a welcome presence on Ford's team.

Last edited:
Can we all take a moment to remember that large parts of the ITO are still redacted in order to ensure Alexander Lisi's right to a fair trial for extortion? There's more, folks.

Speculation, but I would bet anything that Doug spearheaded the effort to retrieve the video. David Price's involvement seems like a big red flag---Sandro had the connections and if the order was coming from Rob alone, then Sandro could have worked without Price. Maybe those lawyers predicting a bad day for Doug thought some of this stuff would come out today.

ETA: Just recalling that info came out today suggesting Price knew the neighbourhood as well. But info also came out that made it clear Price was fully Doug's guy and not exactly a welcome presence on Ford's team.
Won't they remain redacted if Lisi pleads guilty?

Now we know that RF's staff knew about the alcohol abuse, some the drug abuse and most all the physical and emotional abuse.

And they all hid it from the public.....including the "innocent" Twoey.

For the existing staff that hid and covered up: can we the citizens demand they be fired?

If a mayor has no staff, what happens? Metroman?

Yes, it is a drastic action, but "respect for taxpayers" blah blah blah!

What part was that? I must have missed it...

I googled awhile ago those molotovs thrown into Jacobs steakhouse and it turned up nothing. Why wasn't it in the news? And why aren't they firebombing Harbour Sixty which is more connected to the Fords anyway (I see either Rob or Doug eating in there a fair bit)? MM, who do you suspect is up to those molotovs?

You won't find gang related stuff in the news unless there are plenty of talkative witnesses, deaths or demonstrable property damage. The victims (the venues) have as much of an incentive to hide these events as the perps.

I got my source from the TPS and it fits with accounts from other people who I've spoken with on the matter and with follow up activities consistent with those events such as Brant House installing fire proof iron doors the following day. When inquiring, I also found that Product nightclub and Cinema were also victims of the same type of attack. Whoever is doing this is being careful not to kill anybody as it's always done after hours. They're sending a message.

I don't mean to make a connection with these attacks and Rob Ford other than to point out that this echelon of organized crime was at the very least interested in purchasing leverage with the Mayor -- i.e. suitcases with cash.

Problem is the people in the video were all against Ford to begin with. Don't get me wrong, it's good they're there because we need to show the world an image that the people of Toronto "won't stand for this", but the Comic Sans Libs won't bring him down... the Steeles Tim Hortons Sun Readers will, because if you take an overview of the city the latter represents the centre more than the former 10:1, and the thread they were hanging on has been cut over the past 6 hours.

And Goldsbie's answers to these two questions:

@goldsbie
@QueenBathurst1 1) I believe [sites] potentially are. 2) Yes, I tried. I had no luck, but someone at another publication did.

RE your first question: Publications/broadcasters are responsible for what they publsh/broadcast, so repeating a defamatory statement, at least under circumstances not covered by privilege (eg. a court proceeding, Parliament etc.), exposes them to potential lawsuits. That why statements of claim in a libel suit will (at least initially) name everyone from the corporate entity down through the publisher, editor and reporters who worked on the story in question.

There's an interesting few pieces that indicate price received a phone call from a cell phone belonging to a female relative of someone in Dixon who gave price the video's address.

What part was that? I must have missed it...

Enzo di Matteo from Now has been tweeting quotes/info from the ITO:

Enzo DiMatteo ‏@enzodimatteo 3h
Towhey to cops: "Mayor Ford will often make a decision just to get Doug to leave him alone. Hiring Price was one of these decisions."

Enzo DiMatteo ‏@enzodimatteo 5h
Both 15 Windsor and Dixon apartments where Traveller raids took place were within area Price was responsible for during 2005 campaign.

Enzo di Matteo from Now has been tweeting quotes/info from the ITO:

Enzo DiMatteo ‏@enzodimatteo 3h
Towhey to cops: "Mayor Ford will often make a decision just to get Doug to leave him alone. Hiring Price was one of these decisions."

Enzo DiMatteo ‏@enzodimatteo 5h
Both 15 Windsor and Dixon apartments where Traveller raids took place were within area Price was responsible for during 2005 campaign.

- David Price “basically badgered the mayor to give him a job”
-Price describing the mayor as “ridiculously stubborn” and clarifying that he “loves to do the small stuff” – returning phone calls and all the customer service items that he ran on. “The strategic stuff,” the report states, “is all Doug Ford.”

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=195322

I've been pondering this. The following is just speculation:

1. Crack video story breaks
  2. Ford runs from media for a week
  3. Fancy cars driving around Dixon show off suitcases full of money
  4. Ford confidently denies crack video exists
  5. Ford will not step down under any circumstance

Most people assume Ford just bought the video himself and had it destroyed. But wait... what if it was not Ford who bought the video? What if those suitcases full of money convinced Mohamed Siad to give up the video? What if the person offering those suitcases full of money then strongly encouraged Ford to not step down? What if that person had some things he needed Ford to do for him? Would the video surfacing change any of that if there were now threats involved? There's some pretty powerful people in the city and this is all starting to fit into a neatly finished puzzle.

That's exactly what occurred to me today, when it seemed absolutely ridiculous that he was still claiming to be fit for office. Someone in Ford's position with a very important, very dangerous deal to uphold "OR ELSE" would do anything to come through. That said, it would have to be a new video involved, because someone like Ford, in this situation, knowing that the video is in the hands of the police and fully known to the public, would be relieved of any hypothetical blackmail pressure at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back