1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 551     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This story will get buried amongst more important things but I think it shows the level the class the Ford family truly has.

Doug Ford pulls donated auction item for Chief's gala

It was no surprise, neither the Mayor or councillor Doug Ford attended the annual Police chief's gala Wednesday evening.

The councillor pulled the offer he had up for live auction as well. It was a lunch and dinner with Rob and Doug Ford at Harbour Sixty Steakhouse.

The gala's co-chair Brian Moniz received word from Councillor Ford's office on Tuesday that he was pulling his live auction item. He was also told that the councillor would not be attending, but wasn't given a reason.

The event is a fundraiser for Victim Services Toronto, which provides programs to assist individuals or families who have been affected by crime and sudden tragedies.

I was being a bit facetious, but I just don't think this guy fits the profile. His app dock doesn't exactly scream hardcore hacker either. I'm not suggesting the whole story should be dismissed. I'm just saying he's probably just a guy who knew a guy that could help pull it off.

You may well be correct. I get a little defensive about computers. Sorry about that!

[Email headers]
…
Yes I’ve been following … WTF happend with him? is big guy gonna
make a statment … or what?
… who knows a lot about password … & things. I’ll give
you a shout …
… how much of this do the guys know? I’m not trying to get
.. or hiding evidence or some shit
This is some … shit

… We’re gonna have to talk soon. Hope
…

To me, this line looks more like "how much of this do the cops know?"

A small but significant difference.

This story will get buried amongst more important things but I think it shows the level the class the Ford family truly has.

Doug Ford pulls donated auction item for Chief's gala

TBH, if I was running the police gala I would have pulled it myself - can you imagine, a dinner with those two after the revelations? And it's prize from a police event? It's just wrong at every single level.

AoD

Ummmmmm?? Hackers don't openly advertise that they are hackers.

Him saying he can get a "friend" to do it could be a ploy.

Whatever makes the story more interesting for you. I just have a hunch, that this isn't the guy who pulled it off. If he tries going to the media with copy and pasted emails, then that will just confirm my suspicion that he isn't a hacker and that he's just some guy with a connection to someone who knew how to run a brute force script.

Last edited:
Massoudi and DS both fancy themselves as playas, which makes me think they may well share a social circle. DS follows Massoudi on twitter, not that that means very much.

DS posts a lot of rap/thug stuff but his photos show him as white (his hand holding a selection of bottles, basically).

Massoudi is Iranian.

TBH, if I was running the police gala I would have pulled it myself - can you imagine, a dinner with those two after the revelations? And it's prize from a police event? It's just wrong at every single level.

AoD

Well then at least have the gala organizers remove it, instead of pulling it yourself.

It would be pretty funny to win a dinner with a criminal from a police gala I suppose.

"On another workday, Thursday, Aug. 8, a police video camera recorded Ford’s Escalade in Lisi’s Etobicoke driveway at 11:43 a.m. In his official work schedule, Ford had the hour from 11 a.m. to noon booked off for a “Constit visit.â€"
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...et_with_sandro_lisi_during_working_hours.html

The Star is working a brilliant angle. Theoretically, this kind of waste of taxpayer dollars should enrage Ford Nation the most, n'est-ce pas?

But seriously, the paper's journalistic credibility has to now be up there as the highest in Canada. They deserve awards. Journalists are supposed to INVESTIGATE, not just cue public figures for carefully rehearsed sound-bytes.

Massoudi and DS both fancy themselves as playas, which makes me think they may well share a social circle. DS follows Massoudi on twitter, not that that means very much.

DS posts a lot of rap/thug stuff but his photos show him as white (his hand holding a selection of bottles, basically).

Massoudi is Iranian.

So white people can't like rap/thug stuff? Cause I have a pretty big issue with this statement. What does their race have to do with this?

So white people can't like rap/thug stuff? Cause I have a pretty big issue with this statement. What does their race have to do with this?

Yeah, saw this and went WTF? Also the number of Persians I know alone who are into hardcore gangsta rap puts this statement to shame.

The Star is working a brilliant angle. Theoretically, this kind of waste of taxpayer dollars should enrage Ford Nation the most, n'est-ce pas?

But seriously, the paper's journalistic credibility has to now be up there as the highest in Canada. They deserve awards. Journalists are supposed to INVESTIGATE, not just cue public figures for carefully rehearsed sound-bytes.

I second the big ups for the Star. The work they have done while facing a tidal wave of criticism and negative public pressure has been nothing short of heroic. They could have quit or backed off at a lot of points, and they didn't. If they had, we might not be talking about a lot of the stuff we're talking about right now. Purple Hearts all around.

Real hackers hack. Haha.. I mean, most don't brag or make it obvious that they do.. No one can really tell from a twitter profile either.

If that's the case then real hackers probably don't take their stories to the media either. I'm not saying you'd see tweets admitting to BEING a hacker. I'm just saying that you might expect there to be a bit more talk involving technology or computers and whatnot. Most of his tweets are about, uh, boats and hoes and occasionally Rob Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back