1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 539     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely an "unfuckwithable" thing to say (i.e. the proof is very close but I can't show it just yet).

You're right.

We'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breath, I've not got any reason to take ManuvSteele seriously. I don't think he's gone to the trouble of doing anything elaborate like this before, not that that means anything.

The Star is working a brilliant angle. Theoretically, this kind of waste of taxpayer dollars should enrage Ford Nation the most, n'est-ce pas?

But seriously, the paper's journalistic credibility has to now be up there as the highest in Canada. They deserve awards. Journalists are supposed to INVESTIGATE, not just cue public figures for carefully rehearsed sound-bytes.

From the article:

After 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 24, police followed Lisi and saw him dip into the underground lot at city hall. Ford, waiting at the entrance, “swiped him into the controlled access area,†the police said.

There must be cameras inside that then show them going into the Mayor's office and for how long

I've got no love for DMW, but I'm glad he's stepping up on this. Probably thinks it will look good when he runs for mayor.

Before DMW gets too much credit... valid points below.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 48m
"I think we're in a situation that we have never seen before ... this is a remarkable circumstance that we never anticipated" Minnan-Wong

Kevin Wilson ‏@kvonbling 44m
@reporterdonpeat Really? Reeeeally? The warning signs were all there for all to see, including everyone who got behind him in 2010 #topoli

SharkDancing ‏@SharkDancing 39m
@kvonbling As Rob Ford becomes more & more toxic we see so much twisting by the many enablers. Revisionist history is in full force #TOpoli

roy bruno mitchell ‏@roybruno 35m
@SharkDancing @kvonbling The Little Guy> The Hero> The Victim> The Martyr...

SharkDancing ‏@SharkDancing 34m
@roybruno @kvonbling Quite a frightening picture .......

Kevin Wilson ‏@kvonbling 33m
@SharkDancing @roybruno Made all the more frightening by the, 'we don't want to do anything, so you do something, Madam Premier' #topoli

SharkDancing ‏@SharkDancing 23m
@kvonbling @roybruno Yes politcal enablers want some else 2 stick the knife in 2 try & save their agenda of 'lower my taxes above all else'

Kevin Wilson ‏@kvonbling 19m
@SharkDancing @roybruno and oh yeah, Premier, can you tell the angry mobs shouting 'coup-d'etat! Derp!'-it was your idea-not mine? #topoli

Christie Blatchford has to try to stay interesting by being a contrarian.

Because reporting on the notes of a court stenographer can get dry sometimes.

Of course Blatchford would say that. Scrape out the crap and this is what you have: a "journalist" (using the term loosely) defending a mayor hanging out a drug dealers house while supposedly at constituent meetings. Also, with the amount of lies that have been uncovered, should we now start assuming that anytime he says he's at a "constituent meeting" he's meeting with his drug dealer, or drinking in a park? This is what she's defending. Bottom of the barrel.

Question: where was Blatchford on the whole sleeping employee think? Did she join the mob calling for his firing? Did she ignore it? Or did she say something against it? Would love to directly point out her double standards of which there are many, I'm sure.

Last edited:
You're right.

We'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breath, I've not got any reason to take ManuvSteele seriously. I don't think he's gone to the trouble of doing anything elaborate like this before, not that that means anything.

^we're all such troll-bait right now, though.

And where is David Price, our hardworking $130,000 a year city employee? Is the fixer in need of being fixed?
I've been wondering about that too? Is he still a city employee? Why isn't he Ford's driver? (you know, the one he said he'd get but didn't -- don't tell me he told another lie!)

dforthandbview:

I sincerely hope GO has asked him to reimburse the damages from the incident. Surely he can afford to pay it - at least we would recover some of the dough back to taxpayers.

AoD

Hopefully the wiretaps come out tomorrow and they offer some confirmation on the dozens of different rumors swirling around online currently.

With the provincial gov't now breathing down their necks, I wouldn't be surprised the Fords will resort to the "nuclear option". Sending out a call to the elusive Ford Nation to rise up and take back their city by any means possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back