News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.7K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 653     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubster:

Emails aren't that useful - physical letters, phone calls and in person tend to be far more so. Remember, you have to create inconvenience in the form of having to take time to deal with you before people would pay attention.

AoD

Dubster:

Emails aren't that useful - physical letters, phone calls and in person tend to be far more so. Remember, you have to create inconvenience in the form of having to take time to deal with you before people would pay attention.

AoD

Physical letters? FFS. The system is broken if you have to basically use smoke signals to get a response from these ass clowns.

Rereading this article: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ce-gala-mayors-office-claims/article15250505/

Seriously, what the eff Is Hotmail Lawyer talking about? He should be slaughtered for this quote:

The lawyer said it is not in Mr. Ford’s interest to speak with officers investigating a video that allegedly shows him smoking crack cocaine.

“He’s got nothing to say,” Mr. Morris said. “It’s very prudent not to have your client say anything about anything ever to the police because they have investigative techniques that throw overboard anything you wish to say or not to say.”

I just knew Glenn Murray couldn't resist touching on the Ford thing. He just endorsed Chief Blair. It just got more interesting.

“He’s got nothing to say,” Mr. Morris said. “It’s very prudent not to have your client say anything about anything ever to the police because they have investigative techniques that throw overboard anything you wish to say or not to say."

Did you expect good advice from a hotmail lawyer?

Seriously though, imagine advising the mayor of a major city not to cooperate with the police? Seems like a great strategy ... not.

The lawyer said it is not in Mr. Ford’s interest to speak with officers investigating a video that allegedly shows him smoking crack cocaine.

“He’s got nothing to say,” Mr. Morris said. “It’s very prudent not to have your client say anything about anything ever to the police because they have investigative techniques that throw overboard anything you wish to say or not to say.”

In fairness... Lawyers represent their clients interests. Not yours or mine or the city's. His point is thus valid. A friend who's a defense lawyer once told me "If you're ever arrested DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE. Nothing good EVER comes from that".

Someone on twitter yesterday pointed out that it's Defense Lawyer 101.

Last edited:
I'm betting that the OPP were overseeing this whole mess. Chief Blair is no fool, he knew what could happen.

In fairness... Lawyers represent their clients interests. Not yours or mine or the city's. His point is thus valid. A friend who's a defense lawyer once told me "If you're ever arrested DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE. Nothing good EVER comes from that".

Someone on twitter yesterday pointed out that it's Defense Lawyer 101.

Of course, which is the reason why one has to hammer home the "Why isn't he talking, he must have something to hide" point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back