News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.7K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 653     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
PL:

I think he is dangerous, period - considering his willingness to put his own brother under the bus for his own nefarious aspirations.

AoD

I just saw that Blair is going to speak to the media at 10 am
The Toronto Star shared a link.
2 minutes ago near Toronto
Live in 5 minutes: Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair will speak to media. #RobFord #Ford

Dueling conferences:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m

Cllr Doug Ford arrives, promises to speak to media #TOpoli

___

I think he wanted to swamp out the attention on Blair.

AoD

Doug keeps making the distinction that him and Rob support "Front Line Police Officers" in an attempt to not come off as "anti-police" to the base.

From my limited understanding I got the impression that TPS Rank and File generally like Blair... Does anybody else have any insight into whether or not that's the case?

Ford Nation logic is endlessly asinine. Blair consults two lawyers, and vaguely confirms the media reports are true, somehow this means Blair should be fired. Meanwhile the Fords will verbally abuse anyone they wish on their own radio program, and that's fine? Let alone consorting with known criminals, consuming hard drugs, drinking on the job, not doing the job, using racial slurs against MPs, recommending criminals coach children, etc..

Doug keeps making the distinction that him and Rob support "Front Line Police Officers" in an attempt to not come off as "anti-police" to the base.

From my limited understanding I got the impression that TPS Rank and File generally like Blair... Does anybody else have any insight into whether or not that's the case?

He could play into internal union dynamics and cause a whole lot of damage - not just to Blair but to transparency of the TPS as well as the ballooning budget - one seeking that strategy will have to be dangling carrots that is increased police funding, and this sort of commensural relationship (let's be frank here, this is a form of buying silence) can't be healthy at all.

AoD

I emailed the Executive committee again this morning. NOT A SINGLE ONE responded since yesterday. I urge others to do the same.

Hello to you all,

This is the second day I am emailing as I have not had a response from a SINGLE COUNCILLOR since sending out my concerns yesterday. I am aware this is a sensitive issue and you are likely inundated with emails concerning the mayor, but it does not bode well for a representative democracy when elected councillors are not accountable to their constituents.

Again, I am demanding to know what you as an executive committee are planning to do to force the mayor to step down in light of shocking revelations that are bringing a terrible light on the city of Toronto. I eagerly await your response and I will be sure to let others know of your slowness to act.

Regards,

Some tweetss:
Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 10.00.49 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 10.02.06 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 10.05.26 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 10.00.49 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 10.00.49 AM.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 400
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 10.02.06 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 10.02.06 AM.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 385