2.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 838     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford is on a collision course with Councillor Michael Thompson. Thompson is vice chair of the Toronto Police Services Board and will play a key role in both the Police budget and in any potential petition for removing Bill Blair which Ford now wants. Ford can't participate in these processes without entering into a serious conflict of interest and will direct Michael Thompson to do his bidding. Thompson isn't taking orders from Ford and has asked him to step down. Knowing Michael Thompson personally, I can tell you that there's going to be fireworks.

I sincerely hope so. I emailed him asking him to step down from the executive committee, and to stop enabling Ford. If he is a smart man, he will finally, finally abandon the disaster known as Ford.

Totally agree.
That is one of the take aways from this whole mess. No more relying on common decency when a scandal erupts for a councilor to resign. City council needs to have an avenue to remove another councilor, or the mayor, if their shenanigans have compromised their ability to serve our city.

I dunno. Part of me thinks this will all be moot once Hashimi testifies in court.

The further this goes on, the less implausible my scenario (maybe even first alluded to...three years ago or so?!? okay, maybe not that long; but, who knows) of Rob Ford barricading himself into his office becomes.

Or...who knows. In an extreme case scenario, maybe the first sitting elected Mayor in modern Western democracy to be taken down by a police bullet.

Yeah, crazy. But...

They could resign from the executive (and as deputy mayor), because they've lost faith in its leader. Several resignations, with no one left to replace him, would isolate Ford.

Yes; but I think they're reserving that for a "later stage" scenario. In the present scenario, they're operating under the strategic presumption that he's a reasonable being, and 6 months of rehab time is perfectly reasonable, etc etc. They likely *know* it probably isn't; but, one stage at a time, etc...

Yesterday, when he was apparently working:

OQsaZ18.jpg

Well those things do taste good :eek:

Mmmmmmmm... sausage roll.

To Robbie, eating and drinking is work, he works up a sweat thinking about them.

Last edited:
However, wasn't the revelation made by the police that they only got hold of it this week? Does this mean all of this info we had about the police having the video file for the last several months has been fabricated?

I've started to wonder if maybe they have indeed had the video for a while which would be consistent with the rumours we've heard. But, they got it from one of the other devices they confiscated. Then when they were able to undelete it off the laptop more recently it suddenly gave them the proof they needed to arrest Lisi for extortion.. due to who actually owned THAT laptop. For example if you found the video on person A's cell phone but he wasn't the victim of the extortion in question is it really useful evidence? Now suddenly you find it on Person B's laptop and he WAS the person you thought was being extorted by Lisi... suddenly it becomes a lot more important.

Last edited:
I've started to wonder if maybe they had the video for a while which would be consistent with the rumours we've heard. But they got it from one of the other devices they confiscated. Then when they were able to undelete it off the laptop more recently it suddenly gave them the proof they needed to arrest Lisi for extortion.. due to who actually owned the laptop. For example if you found the video on person A's cell phone but he wasn't the victim of the extortion in question is it really useful evidence? Now suddenly you find it on Person B's laptop and he WAS the person you thought was being extorted by Lisi.. suddenly it becomes a lot more important.

Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back