2.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 838     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, re the "barely even walks", Ford has long struck me as someone with a real spring in his step--a natural gift (though of opposite body type to him, I have it too) that probably fueled him well in the high-school football world, not to mention the door-to-door campaigning world. And it can still be sensed through his bloated, pink-faced, diminished state today.

Let's remember, too: he reserves his ire for streetcars and bicyclists. *Not* pedestrians. (Unless it's city authorities closing roads on behalf of pedestrians--to say nothing of runners--of course.)

check out slide #5 in the slideshow...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04/19/rob-ford-gifs-best_n_3104168.html

Attachments

• slide_292550_2350467_free.jpg
    slide_292550_2350467_free.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 354
Tomorrow's circle jerk of a radio show should be interesting only for the many, many ways the talkative Ford brothers can still implicate themselves further into this expansive criminal narrative.

Anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there...

Anyways, when I was at the UT meet earlier this summer, a poster who will remain anonymous for the time being (I did just ask if it is okay to disclose his identity) said the Crown had the video and he knew people within his field who saw it. He also said that they also had Ford on wiretaps. This information is consistent with MM's and other inside info on the issue posted here.

However, wasn't the revelation made by the police that they only got hold of it this week? Does this mean all of this info we had about the police having the video file for the last several months has been fabricated?

There are multiple copies of the video as I pointed out some weeks ago. It's not surprising that one of them was eventually found on the hard drive of one of Siad's associate's computer. The fact that it wasn't found on a phone lends credence that it was copied off the phone. I agree that it's hard to believe that they only got it now. Siad tried to negotiate a plea deal using the video and even showed it to the Crown's prosecutors. The fact that the cops didn't just confiscate it is fishy. It's evidence. Also, why did it take this long since June? I run pretty sophisticated recovery software on my computer every now and then when I mess something up. It takes at most a day to do a very thorough check searching for corrupted files on a 1TB drive but recovering simply deleted files can take as little as 10 minutes on the same drive.

I don't believe the police have nefarious intentions but they're not telling the public everything. This is consistent with what I was told that they were rushing to press charges ahead of the release of warrants that would blow this wide open. It appears that they weren't able to wrap up the case in time so they threw us a bone by revealing that they have the video and can now hide it in evidence buying them some time to get what they need to nail Ford. If Lisi is being charged with extortion, there will be a motive for that extortion. What does Lisi want with a video of Rob Ford smoking crack? The answer is obvious and that leads straight to Ford. This is far from over. Rob's nightmare has just begun.

I've started to wonder if maybe they had the video for a while which would be consistent with the rumours we've heard. But they got it from one of the other devices they confiscated. Then when they were able to undelete it off the laptop more recently it suddenly gave them the proof they needed to arrest Lisi for extortion.. due to who actually owned the laptop. For example if you found the video on person A's cell phone but he wasn't the victim of the extortion in question is it really useful evidence? Now suddenly you find it on Person B's laptop and he WAS the person you thought was being extorted by Lisi.. suddenly it becomes a lot more important.

Exactly, it's all about the trail of possession. By all accounts there were multiple copies of the video floating around. The investigation almost certainly had seen copies of these videos for some time, but without a known and unbroken set of links to the original smartphone, they are useless, legally speaking. Presumably, this latest copy of the video has a complete known provenance that can be traced to the original smartphone video.

For the record I can't take credit for that brainstorm. My lovely girlfriend (sick to death of listening to me talk about this saga) threw it out there one day when I was walking around mumbling something along the lines of "Quite the coincidence that they just found the video two days ago".

I am perfectly ok with the police not telling us everything if investigations are ongoing that result in Ford(s) going to jail.

If the video is part of something larger -- and it obviously is -- it would matter on which device the video was recovered and who owned it. There could be multiple copies and likely are as reported but that is inconsequential. Again, this is not entirely about the contents of the video. That is only part of it.

If Lisi takes a plea deal on extortion, it means that if the cops can connect the actions to RoFo, they get him on conspiracy extortion, since Lisi has already admitted it.

I think conspiracy carries the same penalty as whatever you're conspiring to do, no?

Man, we make Montréal look soft. (I grew up in, and still live in Toronto....I may start crying soon).

A twitter about that missing woman Jaclyn Dawe , was forwarded to Star reporter Antonia Zerbisias, the address coincidence is weird, maybe Antonia will pass along to others at the Star.

Does anyone think if some black guy at Jane and Finch was involved in this sort of stuff the police would "request" an interview?
Why no breaking down the doors of white drug dealers/users? Lisi is out on bail with his devoted parents, while the alleged victims of extortion are still behind bars, and FYI they are NOT white.
And how many apologists does it take to sustain an abuser in high office? We whine about children being bullied but when a politician does it it's okay. Double standards all round.

could weapons charges vs no weapons charges be the difference?

Tomorrow's circle jerk of a radio show should be interesting only for the many, many ways the talkative Ford brothers can still implicate themselves further into this expansive criminal narrative.

I think we've now reached the point where it's safe to say that whatever the Fords say or do, it's just a case of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Enjoy the show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back