3.2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 621     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's the apt on top of big papas with stairwell in behind covered in black shelter. It's more like a private club. Guys have been working round the clock gutting the place since Lisi story broke.

One assumes that the glass tabletops were the first to go.

Here's a clear reason from legal experts, via the Globe And Mail, that the Fords would want the video to be shown at this point... which should clear up any vague ideas about it:

The Globe and Mail said:
Why don’t Toronto police release the video now?

They want to protect the right to a fair trial. While the contents of the video may not affect Mr. Lisi’s trial, they might affect a trial for other targets of the investigation who could conceivably be charged in the future – such as Mr. Ford. If the video is shown now, a defence lawyer might someday argue that an impartial jury can’t be found, Mr. Jacobsen says. “My instinct is that the police would like to get this out but they want to be very careful; they don’t want to give Lisi and Ford a get-out-of-jail-free card.”

Also, here's the sound legal reasoning why they wouldn't swoop in and arrest Ford + Lisi based on a transaction, which is pretty much the same reason I and others spoke about earlier. Again, I really hope this clears up any ambiguity (of course it won't)

The Globe and Mail said:
Why didn’t the police arrest Rob Ford when surveillance officers saw Mr. Lisi put a manila envelope in the passenger side of Mr. Ford’s Cadillac while the mayor was inside a gas station?

Normally the police would swoop in and make arrests in those circumstances. “But what happens if all that’s in there is an unopened bottle of vodka and some Gatorade?” Mr. Jacobsen said. The police didn’t want to be subject to a harassment charge, or unable to prove it was drugs. “I think there’s a great deal of caution being shown with the goal of making sure the investigation is as successful as possible.”

Norm Kelly has asked for Rob Ford to resign. Ford admitted to problems and said that he'll stay Mayor and continue to work while getting help. He said his family has his back. What a bunch if idiots the Fords are. Their ignorance is going to be the death of Rob Ford. Addiction isn't a disease you treat on the weekends.

The executive committee is expecting nothing short of a resignation. If he doesn't comply, the exec is going to turn on him. This is really happening this time.

I wouldn't be so sure. He does only work part time, afterall.

While I completely understand the need to not blow their cover, I think there could be serious blow back on the police for allowing Rob to drive while he was knowingly intoxicated on multiple times, endangering anyone in his path.

Robs truck needs a breathalyzer.

Re: The Rob Ford Movie

There's a new Toronto tv show called Played that is about undercover cops in Toronto. While not always believable (Thursday's episode featured a gang shooting in a downtown Condo opening) it would be perfect for them to do at least one episode about an undercover sting involving a politician.

Larry Joe Campbell's my pick to play Rob Ford:
larry_joe_campbell_334x500.jpg

Attachments

• larry_joe_campbell_334x500.jpg
    larry_joe_campbell_334x500.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 689
Personally I think it deserves the Werner Herzon treatment, imagine his narration while cameras go out and follow Ford around, as he tries to discover some form of relevance after his downfall and jail time.

But I don't think you need to be so harsh on Canadian directors... out of all of them, Cronenberg definitely has the most promise for giving it the perversity it needs - but you're right, it'll probably be a low-budget production and it won't hold a candle to some of the best ones, like the Maurice Richard story :( But I think the blame is more on the producers and budgets that production companies have, which don't necessarily allow for high-end production. And they're largely driven by a really small Canadian market. It's like architecture - you can only do so much with a low budget!

I think Herzog, too. It would be like a reverse Grizzly Man. There, the story was about a man who crossed into the world of animals and paid for it.

Here it's an animal who is in the world of men.

In my in-box from yesterday (sorry, i've been traveling. Many thanks to all in here who are keeping me up-to-date! The timing of my travels is killing me)

Dear Friends,

Yesterday Chief Bill Blair delivered very troubling news about an ongoing police investigation of Mayor Rob Ford. Like most Torontonians, I was deeply shocked and disappointed by these revelations. For months, Mayor Ford has denied any video exists and suggested there is a conspiracy against him in the press. Chief Blair has put this claim to rest, and it is now clear the Mayor has not been truthful with his supporters, his colleagues, and most importantly the residents of Toronto.

I believe the Mayor has a responsibility to address these allegations with the truth.

Many of you have written to me to ask that Council take action to remove the Mayor from office. This is not possible to do - the only person who can remove the Mayor from office is the Mayor. Yesterday, I called on Mayor Ford to act in keeping with the integrity of the Office of the Mayor, to provide the public with an explanation and take the appropriate steps to handle his situation. I was disheartened to see Mayor Ford refuse to do so.

On a personal level I am concerned for the health of the Mayor and his family, and hope he seeks the help that he appears to need. Professionally, this behaviour is not acceptable from the leader of Canada's largest City and I believe Toronto deserves honest, transparent and accountable behaviour from all of its elected officials.

I believe that for the sake of our City, and indeed the Mayor's own health and dignity, Mayor Ford should now step aside.

Toronto deserves better.

Councillor Paula Fletcher
Ward 30 - Toronto Danforth

and

Dear Toronto Residents,

I am disappointed in today’s revelations about Mayor Ford and saddened for the wonderful City of Toronto. It has been an ongoing distraction from the important work that Council is doing here at City Hall. I will again strongly encourage the Mayor to address the media freely, and answer the questions that the residents of Toronto have. The Mayor needs to be forthright, honest, and professional regarding this issue.

Torontonians deserve better.

I am concerned for Mayor Ford and would encourage the Mayor to, at minimum, take a leave from office to address his personal matters. Many residents have and will call for Council to remove Mayor Ford from office. City Council does not have the power to remove someone from office or force his resignation.

I encourage the Mayor to do the right thing for the City of Toronto.

Mary-Margaret McMahon

Norm Kelly has asked for Rob Ford to resign. Ford admitted to problems and said that he'll stay Mayor and continue to work while getting help. He said his family has his back. What a bunch if idiots the Fords are. Their ignorance is going to be the death of Rob Ford. Addiction isn't a disease you treat on the weekends.

The executive committee is expecting nothing short of a resignation. If he doesn't comply, the exec is going to turn on him. This is really happening this time.
Seems to me his family may be the monkey on his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back