News   Jul 12, 2024
 369     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 215     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
why are homicide detectives handling a situation where the charges are "trafficking marijuana, possession of marijuana, possession of the proceeds of crime and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence"? (http://o.canada.com/news/sandro-lisi-arrested/)

He's a homicide detective because that's the most senior detective position. It's his day to day job but the chief uses him for other important investigations. Having DeGiroux on this case tells you that it's a high priority for the chief. He's not being put on a weed bust, this is much larger.

The lady is quite funny:

“The mayor always says if you have a problem, call me and I'll be around,†said Peck,75.
“So I said to a neighbour, is there a problem in this neighbourhood because I see Rob here all the time.â€

Ha..

Obviously someone needs to make Carol Peck t-shirts. That being said its all fun and games until Carol Winds up missing...

And apologies - this is a throwback - but someone asked about Mies chairs in TD Centre. The TD Centre was never owned by the Bronfman family. Phyllis Lambert (ne Bronfman) was influential in advising TD to choose Mies (her husband was chair of the TD board), but the TD centre was never owned by the family. I believe that the chairs are not replica's as Mies was very intent on ensuring the purity of his visions even after he died. I believe there are stipulations on the number and size of the Poinsetta's for example.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...sandro_lisi_charged_with_pot_trafficking.html

From the article:

Peck says she often saw the mayor park his Ford Escalade in front of Lisi’s Madrill St. house. Lisi would come out of the house and lean into the driver’s side window for a few minutes.
“There’s a side door on the Lisi residence and Lisi comes out, walks across, leans in, and back he goes,†Peck told the Star.
She said she mentioned her concerns about this behaviour with a neighbour, who told her that Lisi and Ford were good friends.
“But if you and I were good friends and you were coming to call on me, visit me ... would you not pull in to my driveway, knock on my door?â€
Peck said the last time she saw Ford and Lisi together on her street was on Sept. 20, shortly before the mayor made an appearance at his Ford Fest barbecue at Etobicoke’s Centennial Park.
She said Ford was parked in Lisi’s driveway, next to the black Range Rover Lisi is known to drive. Peck, who was walking her dog at the time, says the two men got into their vehicles, drove to a nearby schoolyard, and then got out of their cars and walked around for several minutes.

Yeah, c'mon...there's only one thing that COULD be. And is sounds like there was a good chance the cops were watching all this, too. The noose tightens.

The Globe and Mail is reporting that Lisi's arrest is related to Project Traveller:

Arrest of Mayor Rob Ford’s friend linked to larger Project Traveller investigation

Explains why Detective Sergeant Gary Giroux is involved.

According to the article Giroux is the "most seasoned" homicide detective on the force. This might explain why TPS has such an abysmal record in solving homicides. Giroux was not very impressive as the lead detective investigating the murder of the Eritrean woman in Cabbagetown.

He's a homicide detective because that's the most senior detective position. It's his day to day job but the chief uses him for other important investigations. Having DeGiroux on this case tells you that it's a high priority for the chief. He's not being put on a weed bust, this is much larger.

ah... thanks.

According to the article Giroux is the "most seasoned" homicide detective on the force. This might explain why TPS has such an abysmal record in solving homicides. Giroux was not very impressive as the lead detective investigating the murder of the Eritrean woman in Cabbagetown.

maybe there are other reasons why he's put on certain cases?

how so? they caught the guy...

Also, as always, Metroman's predictions seem to be correct..

They only caught the guy after he killed another woman - his girlfriend who was also a co-worker of the first victim. Didn't take a Sherlock Holmes under those circumstances. Giroux was way off course on the original investigation.

Yeah, c'mon...there's only one thing that COULD be. And is sounds like there was a good chance the cops were watching all this, too. The noose tightens.

aaah, that's better! any 24 hour span of time that includes the arrest of Rob Ford's drug dealer counts as a very good day.

They only caught the guy after he killed another woman - his girlfriend who was also a co-worker of the first victim. Didn't take a Sherlock Holmes under those circumstances. Giroux was way off course on the original investigation.

Well you're so adept, you should probably go to TPS so you can solve all of their cases. Clearly you have information Giroux didn't since you know it was so easy, and clearly you understand every aspect of the situation and could have told him in real-time where he was falling short and what he should have been doing. It's not like there were extenuating or complicated circumstances, or it's not like detectives have to work within very tight confines of the law in terms of assigning blame and making arrests and collecting evidence. Nope. It's basically "eh, that guy probably did it, go arrest him" - clearly Giroux doesn't get it!

Please tell me this is enough to squash all the insinuation about there being "other reasons" for Giroux to be on the case.

The Globe and Mail said:
Toronto Police spokesman Mark Pugash said Det. Sgt. Giroux is on the Lisi case “not because it has anything to do with homicide, but because he’s an extremely experienced, extremely able and extremely tenacious investigator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back