187     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 403     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 763     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that buying reasonable facsimiles of the original chairs is cheaper than having them restored, and works out to a few pennies per taxpayer. I'm not sure if that's Mallick's argument as well, but I gave up trying to read her proudly irrational columns a long time ago.
The gist of her article is that good quality chairs are more comfortable and last longer than chairs from Ikea that cost less than 1/100th of the price.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...are_rob_fords_seat_of_government_mallick.html

Thanks for the suggestions/corrections - revised version below (will delete first cut).

I mentioned that Ford's 2010 campaign building was nearby, on Dixon. A map just produced by the Globe might also be of interest: http://fw.to/solu2MM

In terms of Doug's denial regarding Lisi, it's worth noting that he has also claimed not to really know his sister's longtime partner (now ex), Scot MacIntyre - the man who shot her several years ago, and who threatened the Mayor's in January 2012.

Last edited:
Are you kidding? There was a funded and established plan for an LRT line to replace the SRT. Work had begun, orders had been made - the cancelling of that plan has been estimated to cost $100 million, in addition to the costs above and beyond the LRT that the subway will generate. It's hilarious that you're attempting to blame the provincial government for cancelling the LRT though... keep grasping at those straws.

The cost of cancelling the plan NOW is $100M. However, since the Province and the City (Council) now both support the same plan that Ford had 2.5 years ago, all delay and cancellation costs over the last 2.5 years are the responsibility of the Province and Council - not Ford. Also, since both the Province and the City now both agree that Fords plan is the best - I would say that whoever came up with the previous Transit City plan (Province and City) is responsible for a good part of those cancellation fees since they came up with a plan that has now universally discreditted.

It is annoying that a buffoon like Ford is more rational that the rest of the Council and the Province.

The cost of cancelling the plan NOW is $100M. However, since the Province and the City (Council) now both support the same plan that Ford had 2.5 years ago, all delay and cancellation costs over the last 2.5 years are the responsibility of the Province and Council - not Ford.

Oh give me a break. You'd have a point if Ford's plan went forward - it didn't. The LRT one did. There was enough agreement about it that plans went forward and contracts were signed. If the subway contracts are signed and then it gets cancelled at a cost of X, *then* you can say that deviating from Ford's plan is costing extra. But to say the cancellation costs are there because they didn't listen to Ford the first time is just being glib.

Now, to make robbie's gas station press conference even more hilarious the oaf didn't even let the gas station know he had scheduled it there. They were blind-sided and caught off guard.

This fool must think we are are kids. Someone who is a woman beater and is now facing drugs charges is a "good guy", who doesn't drink or do drugs? Ya right.

So let's recap. The issue is not Lisi being arrested, it's the press coming to Ford's front door. Will no one think of the children?

So he's surprised that his friend -- who gets arrested a lot -- got arrested? I'd be angry that he thinks people are this stupid but sadly many are. And they vote for him.

So let's recap. The issue is not Lisi being arrested, it's the press coming to Ford's front door. Will no one think of the children?

And he's going to Texas to lower Toronto's unemployment rate more, and that's what's important; besides, Lisi's a good guy that he's never seen take a drink, and he doesn't throw his friends under the bus. Anything else?

It was as though he decided to trot out every one of the deflections that has worked for him in the past. I think the entire performance was disgraceful, even for Ford.

The good news is when Ford gets back from Austin he won't be able to use the press to talk about how his little trip created hundreds of jobs and will bring in millions of dollars to the city.

just saw on the news and RF did just that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back