News   Jun 26, 2024
 141     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Roads: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Highway 410 (MTO, U/C, Planned)

So THIS is the year! They should be done this stretch of the highway by the end of the summer; can't wait! The congestion around the 410 in the afternoons will hopefully be alot better this coming fall/winter.

If anyone is interested, looks like some construction crews are buzzing around during the day now. Looks like they may put up the hi-mast lighting system soon.

Ok, so they now have the hi-mast lighting system up in the express lanes and looks like they are now pouring some concrete for the express dividers today.

April 06
[video=youtube;tFfxpPjTPA8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFfxpPjTPA8[/video]

Going over the 401 tonight, I see the eastbound land has been pour.

The 3 barriers still gave to be pour.

Driving EB through the area tonight found the exit to Hurontario (labelled Hwy 10 on the electronic sign) closed, the right lane closed between Hurontario and 410, and then through the collector/express change with the ramp to Collectors closed and no forewarning of no access to Dixie.

Tall-mast lighting from Hurontario - 410 was lit up. As of last week, the lights weren't on the masts west of that yet.

I was taking the Greyhound, and had a rather nice view out the front of the bus. The extra height from being in a bus gets a slightly different view, so I propped up my camera and took a video of the current progress.

[video=youtube;GRZC3Txdf6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRZC3Txdf6E[/video]

Nice! Thanks for taking the effort to film this!
Thanks.

This was my first "dash-cam" style video, and one thing I have learned is that you don't let YouTube "stabilize" your video! I did, and then suddenly everything was warping in the most ridiculous ways. Had to hit undo and wait another 20 minutes for the video to be done.

I drove through west bound lat night and it looks like the lanes are clear of much of the construction equipment that was there. The exit to Hurontario was closed. Still looks to be a few things that have to be done, but it's getting closer.

Took these pics on a flight from London to Toronto on Monday:

401-Hurontario
nlz7y3N.jpg

Between Hurontario and 410
rICZ292.jpg

At 410
umfnXCu.jpg

I was on one of those crappy propeller planes and they didn't allow any carry-ons (had to be stored above or in the cargo hold) so I couldn't use my camera... These are from my cell phone so excuse the quality :p

I was on one of those crappy propeller planes and they didn't allow any carry-ons (had to be stored above or in the cargo hold) so I couldn't use my camera... These are from my cell phone so excuse the quality :p
Great photos. It's amazing how much undeveloped real estate there is around Hurontario/Britannia, in the first photo.

Took these pics on a flight from London to Toronto on Monday:

Not bad as often aircraft windows are cloudy, often preventing good photos even from a good camera.

Back