News   Jun 17, 2024
 169     0 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Roads: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Highway 410 (MTO, U/C, Planned)

Noticed that sign gantries are up in the EB collectors on my way through last night. No signs on them yet, but that they're up leads to potential overhead signs might help the Collector-Express weave at the 410 (which has greatly improved in both signage and lane demarcation since it first opened at the end of August - not sure about rush hour traffic flow though) could be coming soon.

Noticed that sign gantries are up in the EB collectors on my way through last night. No signs on them yet, but that they're up leads to potential overhead signs might help the Collector-Express weave at the 410 (which has greatly improved in both signage and lane demarcation since it first opened at the end of August - not sure about rush hour traffic flow though) could be coming soon.

In terms of these sign gantries, does anyone know if there will any digital display boards overhead to warn of slow traffic/accidents ahead? The first eastbound sign like this is just before the 427 split.

So for those of you who don’t get out along this route very often, these are the updates regarding the construction:

1) Complete removal of old Hurontario bridge supports.
2) Most of the EB express lanes have been levelled and concrete will pour soon.
3) Most of the high-mast lighting bases have been poured down the middle of the express.
4) Some barrier walls between EB and WB express lanes have been poured.
5) Most long stretches of WB lanes have been poured, but connections still need to be made.
6) A lot of tidying has taken place including the removal of all old road surface debris, garbage concrete and various other clutters.

Did I miss anything? Some pictures would be nice too! I don’t actually live in the area nor do I have a good camera.

So for those of you who don’t get out along this route very often, these are the updates regarding the construction:

1) Complete removal of old Hurontario bridge supports.
2) Most of the EB express lanes have been levelled and concrete will pour soon.
3) Most of the high-mast lighting bases have been poured down the middle of the express.
4) Some barrier walls between EB and WB express lanes have been poured.
5) Most long stretches of WB lanes have been poured, but connections still need to be made.
6) A lot of tidying has taken place including the removal of all old road surface debris, garbage concrete and various other clutters.

Did I miss anything? Some pictures would be nice too! I don’t actually live in the area nor do I have a good camera.

any new update? its been about a month, i saw some paving on highway 10 overpass yesterday ,is it related?

any new update? its been about a month, i saw some paving on highway 10 overpass yesterday ,is it related?

Rebuilding the off westbound intersection at 10, as well building the medium barriers on 10.

MT service was screw up 100% with buses doing detour and having to wait over 35 minutes at SW for a 103 that was down 3 buses at that time.

Only a small section to be pour at 410 to connect the westbound express lanes together. Still a fair amount of work for the eastbound express lanes to be done there.

I wish they'd be done already. I know they're supposed to be done in 2013 though...

Rebuilding the off westbound intersection at 10, as well building the medium barriers on 10.

MT service was screw up 100% with buses doing detour and having to wait over 35 minutes at SW for a 103 that was down 3 buses at that time.

Only a small section to be pour at 410 to connect the westbound express lanes together. Still a fair amount of work for the eastbound express lanes to be done there.

what is MT? some kind of tunneling or digging service? i did not see any tunneling work going on? also waht is SW? and what is 103? a time indicator?

what is MT? some kind of tunneling or digging service? i did not see any tunneling work going on? also waht is SW? and what is 103? a time indicator?

Mississauga Transit

Mississauga transit? do'nt you mean the MiWay? i believe theyre called Miway now, aka MW

Mississauga transit? do'nt you mean the MiWay? i believe theyre called Miway now, aka MW

Put any lip stick, name and colour on the buses, but it still MT.

It took MT 7 years to follow my advise on changing the colour of the buses as well the style including service.

Oh please. Not you too...

Live here 65% of my life and call it as either 10 or Hurontario, as well 5 & 10, just like Yonge 1 depending on the posting. LoL ;)

Put any lip stick, name and colour on the buses, but it still MT.

It took MT 7 years to follow my advise on changing the colour of the buses as well the style including service.

You also told them to change the bus colour? I thoght that was only me who kept phoning them non stop to change the colour and signages on their busses?

Live here 65% of my life and call it as either 10 or Hurontario, as well 5 & 10, just like Yonge 1 depending on the posting. LoL ;)

me two, i also call it highway 10, and call dundas highway 5 as with 90% of other mississaugans, (im not a mississaugan but still call it that) do, but the new people to this city are weird, i told the guy to take highway 10 to the 401 and he didnt listen to me, he kept driving and totally past hurontario street, guess he shoulda looked at a map.

Back