News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

I guess this didn't pan out, then?

zCcsWVew_400x400.jpeg

Source: Me

Well, my hope for Brad Bradford "seeing the light" and not being a Tory minion proved wrong. An urban planner by training, he voted against reports to address backlogs on heritage studies and more hours for public libraries, voting in line with such luminaries as Frances Nunziata and Gary Crawford.

Sounds like a great idea to have extended the library hours if they want to, so the elderly can read more ( sacrasm )

I mean the thought of the community actually getting off their computers and helping fix something wrong in there community instead of waiting for city staff to do it is pretty rediculous.

It's the expectation that you are expected to pay taxes AND do the city's work. We only did it because otherwise it wouldn't get done, but clearing off the top can only do so much. It needs to be done properly with the right equipment, because stuff builds up inside, especially in areas where there is construction.

I mean the thought of the community actually getting off their computers and helping fix something wrong in there community instead of waiting for city staff to do it is pretty rediculous.

What a stupid comment. Should community also be expected to dig subway tunnels and treat waste water? Municipal services are to be carried out by municipal staff.

It's the expectation that you are expected to pay taxes AND do the city's work. We only did it because otherwise it wouldn't get done, but clearing off the top can only do so much. It needs to be done properly with the right equipment, because stuff builds up inside, especially in areas where there is construction.
You pay taxes to have the city deal with the problem but this discussion is about prioritizing the larger issues. The city probably has enough flooding issues that they can't deal with your sewer issue immediatly. Give them a week and they would deal with it, but isntit much better if you deal with it immediately? This is like complaining that the firefighters didn't put out the garbage fire that you could have easily put out with a fire extiguisher. Yes it is their job to deal with fires but it would have been much better for everyone if you dealt with the fire yourself.

What a stupid comment. Should community also be expected to dig subway tunnels and treat waste water? Municipal services are to be carried out by municipal staff.
I mean if there was a sewer flooding in front of my house I would have no problem shoveling off any debris covering the sewer. And even if I didn't feel up to the task I WOULD NEVER harass a councilor for requesting the public's help in order to make life for city staff easier.

Back