UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
More Great Places to Visit at Doors Open Toronto This Weekend
ALSO

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

Videodrome

Reaction score
Lauren Pelley @LaurenPelley
40s

Is there anyone who’s *not* working in the pot industry these days? Apparently Giorgio Mammoliti — who lost his council race in October — was hired by a cannabis company, according to his LinkedIn profile. (H/t @cristina_CP24)
Why am I not surprised?

mjl08

Reaction score
Well, my hope for Brad Bradford "seeing the light" and not being a Tory minion proved wrong. An urban planner by training, he voted against reports to address backlogs on heritage studies and more hours for public libraries, voting in line with such luminaries as Frances Nunziata and Gary Crawford.

Last edited:

thettctransitfanatic

Reaction score
Well, my hope for Brad Bradford "seeing the light" and not being a Tory minion proved wrong. An urban planner by training, he voted against reports to address backlogs on heritage studies and more hours for public libraries, voting in line with such luminaries as Frances Nunziata and Gary Crawford.

Sounds like a great idea to have extended the library hours if they want to, so the elderly can read more ( sacrasm )

Thorns_Embrace

Reaction score
I mean the thought of the community actually getting off their computers and helping fix something wrong in there community instead of waiting for city staff to do it is pretty rediculous.

PinkLucy

Staff member
Reaction score
We've cleaned the crap off of storm drains on multiple occasions

PinkLucy

Staff member
Reaction score
It's the expectation that you are expected to pay taxes AND do the city's work. We only did it because otherwise it wouldn't get done, but clearing off the top can only do so much. It needs to be done properly with the right equipment, because stuff builds up inside, especially in areas where there is construction.

Avenue

Reaction score
I mean the thought of the community actually getting off their computers and helping fix something wrong in there community instead of waiting for city staff to do it is pretty rediculous.
What a stupid comment. Should community also be expected to dig subway tunnels and treat waste water? Municipal services are to be carried out by municipal staff.