UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Dynamic Exterior Pattern Turning Heads at Enigma on the Park
ALSO

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

mjl08

I really liked Janet Davis. She was feisty and made some principled, unpopular local decisions (Woodbine and Cosburn bike lanes) and was a big advocate for protecting Toronto's social safety net.

But yea, that tweet is terrible.

One thing I dislike about our political system is that it is rigged to prioritize the needs and wants of current residents over future residents. I'd like to know where City Councillors think future residents of Toronto are going to live. Where is the housing?
Any political system that predicated on public choice will run into that problem. The issue of course is that the alternatives tend to be so much worse...

AoD

MTown

. I'd like to know where City Councillors think future residents of Toronto are going to live. Where is the housing?
Quit your self-entitled moaning. The GGH is a sea of single detached homes. Find yourself one 50km from work and shut up. ;)

Hey, man, if it was up to me, the whole post-war suburban experiment would be bulldozed and reset to something that isn't an egregious waste of land. This includes most of Janet Davis' former ward. I'd make the OMB look like a NIMBY loser's best friend.

WislaHD

I don't really think her rebuttal has shifted my opinion on the issue.

It actually shows a clear disconnect with the issue at hand. If One Bloor was not built, it would be thousands of homeowners pushing people lower than them on the income ladder out of other districts. The group of people who would not be pushed out of their neighbourhoods are the type of residents that Janet Davis represents. Those who live in single-detached houses near access to municipal services and amenities.