News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/1491171-the-real-jerk-fights-for-alcohol-permit/

The Real Jerk fights for alcohol permit

Beach Mirror
by Rebecca Field

Caribbean beats, eats and atmosphere are what Ed Pottinger has planned for the re-opening of his landmark restaurant, the Real Jerk. Due to complaints from residents at his new location, however, he may have to open sans-alcohol.

Pottinger is set to head into a pre-hearing with the Licence Appeal Tribunal and residents of the 625 Queen St. E. location on January 22.

Some of the building’s 65 unit owners sent letters of complaint to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) after the Real Jerk posted a mandatory notice on the building with regards to their licence application, said Lisa Murray of the AGCO.

Denny's is opening at Bay/Dundas soon (123 Dundas St W).

I'm excited to finally have Denny's and Nandos close to where I live!

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/1491171-the-real-jerk-fights-for-alcohol-permit/

The Real Jerk fights for alcohol permit

Beach Mirror
by Rebecca Field

And this is my friends will be the future, as more and more condo's displace all the businesses in the downtown core. As existing restaurants & bars try to relocate into the base of all the new condos being planned, all the people who moved into the core to be close to the action, will be the first to complain when the fun is too close to them...in their own condos. Sad....

I live in a building with an Irish pub at street level...and never hear any noise...I don't see how a restaurant such as real jerk will cause any disturbance to the residents...

And this is my friends will be the future, as more and more condo's displace all the businesses in the downtown core. As existing restaurants & bars try to relocate into the base of all the new condos being planned, all the people who moved into the core to be close to the action, will be the first to complain when the fun is too close to them...in their own condos. Sad....

I live in a building with an Irish pub at street level...and never hear any noise...I don't see how a restaurant such as real jerk will cause any disturbance to the residents...
I do understand their concern over a liquor license, but having a liquor license does not mean it will be a drunken sports bar. I would be thrilled to have a great restaurant at the bottom of my building if I lived there!

I do understand their concern over a liquor license, but having a liquor license does not mean it will be a drunken sports bar. I would be thrilled to have a great restaurant at the bottom of my building if I lived there!

The lawyer for one of the residents quoted sounds like a few people want to play hardball, make any and all possible complaints against the restaurant (noise, garbage) - the Star article previous made some of the residents in that building sound like precious princesses who seek peace and quiet - on Queen Street!

See the "America's Dinner" slogan on the front elevation in the PDF? It would be a mistake to add that I think. What a turn-off.

I think they made a mistake with that. It should read "America's Diner" and not "Dinner". I don't think they will have that slogan anyhow. The Canadian arm of Denny's actually has a Canadian Flag in the logo (below).

denny-scanada.jpg

I am a fan of Denny's, though I don't eat there very often because the food isn't necessarily healthy for you. But if I were drunk, Denny's would be the first place I'd visit to wolf down a Slam Burger!

Does anyone know what's going in to the Coffee Time space at Queen's Quay & Spadina. Windows are papered over, the exterior signage is gone.

agreed! the place was a dump so fingers crossed that it's going to be something better.

Back