News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 390     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Just what we need! Another ramen place. They've really done a great job renovating the place. It doesn't look like a run down shack anymore.

From my window I'm watching as South of Temperance, which closed several weeks ago, is torn down. I checked their website to see if there were any confirmation of the rumours they are moving to the Dineen Building once it's done, and there's no sign of any such news.

A friend of mine who knows one of the owners of SoT mentioned how they didn't get the lease for the Dineen building. They are possibly moving to somewhere near Bremner Blvd/Fort York and Spadina - but then again I have heard other locations as well. I don't think anyone really knows.

Origin North rendering from Audax Architecture Inc. - http://www.audax.ca/#!home/mainPage

ORIGIN-NORTH.jpg

Other news from the street fronts of the Danforth;

DAVOS is now 417 Restaurant and Lounge - http://417restaurantlounge.com/index.html
Jamba Juice / Yogurtys is now open at 475 Danforth Avenue.
In the Spot of Fruit King, Symmetry Construction is working on some sort of addition.
Sun Valley Market at 468 Danforth Avenue is a goner.
La Cabana at 467 Danforth Avenue is now Maras Gyros & Grill - http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/maras-gyros-toronto
Fruit store next to Valley Farm Produce is also a goner.

While shooting some construction photos in NYCC, I noticed construction going on at the former DeBoers store. We know that Michael's took over a portion of the former store. It seems Jack Astor's will be opening up next door to Michael's and will include a rooftop patio.

Bah-mi Boys is planning to open a location at Yonge + Gerrad where Shake-o-lait was.

We are apparently losing the Mamma's Pizza at Adelaide and Yonge to the Bay Adelaide tower development. Last day is Friday, November 23. I'll miss them--their pizza is something a little different than the usua, and I'll miss being able to swing in for a slice.

Sandwich Box in the Royal Plaza food court has gone under. Brief google search reveals complaints by employees about bounced cheques and intimidation.

Signs are posted for 3 Brewers at Richmond-Adelaide Centre (opening next year on the main level where the business book shop was).

A Subway sandwich shop has just opened in Fort York. It's located in the LTD building, facing Bathurst Street. I guess the people in Fort York are starved for restaurants because it was quite busy when I walked by.

Lots of construction guys in the area :) it's usually busy at lunch but not otherwise.

A Subway sandwich shop has just opened in Fort York. It's located in the LTD building, facing Bathurst Street. I guess the people in Fort York are starved for restaurants because it was quite busy when I walked by.

Pretty much. The gift shop sells some pre-packaged sandwiches, ice cream, and pop. Not much more.

This is the old 'Living Well, Zelda's' location.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 2A6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 290580 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 7, 2012

Project: Restaurant 30 Seats or Less Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing restaurant - "The Kati Roll Express"

TORONTO ON M5A 3X5

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 291391 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 10, 2012

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations in existing retail space (CRU 6) in existing building. "Roosters Coffee house" (116.60m2)

TORONTO ON M5B 2E9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 293032 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 12, 2012

Project: Restaurant 30 Seats or Less Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for Starbucks Coffee (less than 30 seats) on the ground floor of exisitng hotel

Back