News   Jul 17, 2024
 66     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 449     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 892     2 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

I wonder if the fries will be fresh, like they are at Swiss and NYF, or frozen, like they are at Harvey's or Montana's.

I think NYF are too distinct to apply that branding and not go fresh. Likewise, almost anywhere that serves Swiss Chalet, serves their style of fries.

In the vast majority of co-locations of Harveys + Swiss Chalet, you get Swiss Chalet fries w/your Harvey's order.

Off hand, the only except to that I know of, is the one on Queen East by Coxwell.

I feel sorry for restaurant owners who recently invested a lot of money into outdoor patio heaters and wind breakers only for patios to be closed by the city.

Closed by the province actually.

Realistically though people were getting stupid. There was a place near my house that got shut down and fined on a few occasions.

I agree, a few restaurants broke the rules and they should be severely punished. But the majority of restaurants were following proper Covid protocol. Restaurants aren't the problem, it's schools. Ontario had Covid under control until they opened up the schools. Kids don't seem to care, i have seen them hanging out in large crowds in the Tim Horton's parking lot and get on the TTC with masks under their chins.

I agree, a few restaurants broke the rules and they should be severely punished. But the majority of restaurants were following proper Covid protocol. Restaurants aren't the problem, it's schools. Ontario had Covid under control until they opened up the schools. Kids don't seem to care, i have seen them hanging out in large crowds in the Tim Horton's parking lot and get on the TTC with masks under their chins.

I found that people were using restaurants as a local meeting spots. Ive overheard girls getting together and talking about how they haven't seen each other since university or high school. Not sure this is the time to have reunions but ok...

I found that people were using restaurants as a local meeting spots. Ive overheard girls getting together and talking about how they haven't seen each other since university or high school. Not sure this is the time to have reunions but ok...

It's the younger generation. They are as bright as a 40 watt incandescent bulb.

It's not IN the schools that is the problem where mask wearing and distancing is enforced, but as you say outside the school and outside school hours that is the problem.

It's the younger generation. They are as bright as a 40 watt incandescent bulb.

Agreed with Richard, but it's not like complete social isolation is good either. Works wonders for one's mental health, that's for sure. Maybe they could be more responsible about where they meet.

Agreed with Richard, but it's not like complete social isolation is good either. Works wonders for one's mental health, that's for sure. Maybe they could be more responsible about where they meet.

Mhm. It's why I go shopping at the same stores throughout the week.

I'm unemployed because of covid and I need to do something other than sit at home all day. Even if it's waddling over to Tim's I need to at least get out of the house and be social.

If I stayed cooped up every day I'd probably be talking to myself at this point.

Barcelona Tavern has closed. It was a unique space, i loved the interior design of the place. But the prices and food were another story. $8 for a tiny 14 oz glass of beer and expensive subpar food with small portions. Prices didn't match the quality.

I've only been to the Barcelona Tavern once over a year ago. My friend who lives in the area wanted to check it out. Unfortunately the cool upstairs space was already full, so we had to settle for the first floor. Agreed about the pricing, it felt like a splurge place that you could go once a while but the food didn't back up its value.

I've only been to the Barcelona Tavern once over a year ago. My friend who lives in the area wanted to check it out. Unfortunately the cool upstairs space was already full, so we had to settle for the first floor. Agreed about the pricing, it felt like a splurge place that you could go once a while but the food didn't back up its value.

People do a lot of splurging around this time of year for Christmas lunch and dinners. I can't imagine how these places are going to survive without the Christmas diners. Biggest money maker of the year. I remember one year, TD bank booked the entire restaurant i worked at for fancy over the top Christmas dinner for the big shots, they spent $40 thousand that night. Probably paid by our TD bank fees :rolleyes:

Think about all the work Christmas parties that won't be happening. New Years as well. So many businesses are DONE!

Back