238     0 
News   Aug 16, 2024
 337     0 
News   Aug 16, 2024
 277     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

McDonalds at Broadview and Danforth has closed
https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2020/12/mcdonalds-closed-location-toronto/

I am honestly not surprised. It was shoehorned in there and not exactly covid friendly. I was in there a couple of times and it was crammed with people on a regular basis because of its size.

On the flip size it was more of a takeout location with very limited seating.

Oh.. and does anyone here remember the McDonald Express locations? I recall there being one at Markham and Eglinton in the 90s. They were takeout only, no seating.

I am honestly not surprised. It was shoehorned in there and not exactly covid friendly. I was in there a couple of times and it was crammed with people on a regular basis because of its size.

Oh.. and does anyone here remember the McDonald Express locations? I recall there being one at Markham and Eglinton in the 90s. They were takeout only, no seating.
Broadview station could be renovated into having a McDonald's within the fare-paid zone if there's space. This way, both ends of 505 Dundas have McDonald's within fare-paid zones (the other end being Dundas West station, which has a McDonald's within the fare-paid zone).

Broadview station could be renovated into having a McDonald's within the fare-paid zone if there's space. This way, both ends of 505 Dundas have McDonald's within fare-paid zones (the other end being Dundas West station, which has a McDonald's within the fare-paid zone).

The problem with that is the close proximity nature of the store. It is very tiny at Dundas West.

Fun fact: The McDonalds at Dundas West was originally a bank branch. I think it was TD but I'd have to check.

Yup, there was one at Six Points Plaza for a number of years, where the Starbucks is now.

This sucks for local residents. The notice says "join us at our nearest location *just* down the street at 345 Bloor" Bloor and Sherbourne is NOT *just* down the street from Broadview and Danforth. Surprised that McDonalds didn't open another location nearby before closing this location. Right now there must be many retail spaces opening up and fast food places like McDonald's have proved to be pandemic-proof.

Jollibee's downtown location at Yonge/Gould will open later this month.

Apparently one is also coming to the corner of Yonge/Broadway.

This sucks for local residents. The notice says "join us at our nearest location *just* down the street at 345 Bloor" Bloor and Sherbourne is NOT *just* down the street from Broadview and Danforth. Surprised that McDonalds didn't open another location nearby before closing this location. Right now there must be many retail spaces opening up and fast food places like McDonald's have proved to be pandemic-proof.

The Sherbourne location has some "interesting" clientele. I've been there a few times and had a few encounters of the third kind.

I wonder if McDonalds is going to downsize like Starbucks did.

Jollibee's downtown location at Yonge/Gould will open later this month.

Apparently one is also coming to the corner of Yonge/Broadway.

This fad will wear off soon hopefully.

Jollibee is overpriced and nothing special to be honest. I was at their Scarborough location awhile ago and didn't really enjoy waiting 20 minutes in line (pre pandemic) for chicken legs and fries. It's a hyped up Filipino KFC, nothing more and I don't see the appeal.

Same goes for Chick-fil-a it's just another chicken restaurant with an insane lineup.

The point I'm making here is that everyone seems to be opening a chicken place for whatever reason. Once people lose interest it won't be pretty.

I don't get the appeal of these places..

The Sherbourne location has some "interesting" clientele. I've been there a few times and had a few encounters of the third kind.

I wonder if McDonalds is going to downsize like Starbucks did.

They definitely will. The City has let fast food restaurants become defacto homeless shelters to a point it has relied on them for years now to supplement the shelter system. People camping in the parks used to camp out in stores. It was not only homeless either, but those who had a "home" with terrible living situations, either physical conditions, or someone else they lived with. Where do you think all these people in parks came from? Some are newly displaced, but many who appeared in the first wave would spend hours sleeping the back corner of a late-night or 24-hour fast food place after buying the cheapest possible item they have on the menu. Now that those options are all gone, the City has to confront the reality they created, and, oops, they have no idea what to do now. The fast food businesses will take advantage of this to exit the shelter business permanently by cutting indoor seating completely. They've discovered they don't need even a tiny amount of it considering people will pay a $5 delivery charge to have $10 of food delivered to their condo a four minute walk away. Though they should have known this years ago from the private ATM business thriving off people voluntarily paying a $10 fee to withdraw $20.

They definitely will. The City has let fast food restaurants become defacto homeless shelters to a point it has relied on them for years now to supplement the shelter system. People camping in the parks used to camp out in stores. It was not only homeless either, but those who had a "home" with terrible living situations, either physical conditions, or someone else they lived with. Where do you think all these people in parks came from? Some are newly displaced, but many who appeared in the first wave would spend hours sleeping the back corner of a late-night or 24-hour fast food place after buying the cheapest possible item they have on the menu. Now that those options are all gone, the City has to confront the reality they created, and, oops, they have no idea what to do now. The fast food businesses will take advantage of this to exit the shelter business permanently by cutting indoor seating completely. They've discovered they don't need even a tiny amount of it considering people will pay a $5 delivery charge to have $10 of food delivered to their condo a four minute walk away. Though they should have known this years ago from the private ATM business thriving off people voluntarily paying a $10 fee to withdraw $20.

And because of that the city has seen an increased rates of open defecation and urination due to closed public facilities. No malls, stores, bars, restaurants, for the homeless to use., I have seen human waste on the subway platforms, store alcoves, city parks, and at my friends house off of Queen st W, someone defecated into her flower pot recently.

And because of that the city has seen an increased rates of open defecation and urination due to closed public facilities. No malls, stores, bars, restaurants, for the homeless to use., I have seen human waste on the subway platforms, store alcoves, city parks, and at my friends house off of Queen st W, someone defecated into her flower pot recently.

I watched a guy take a leak on a sign outside a Starbucks at Yonge and Eglinton today

Back