News   Jul 18, 2024
 422     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 579     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 902     0 

Renaissance Condos (Brampton Downtown, Alterra, 27s, KNY Architects)

thanks for the great updates drum118 ... I'm really likely how Renaissance turned out and am particularly fond of the building's illregular shape, the geometry certain adds an interesting dimension to the tower ... plus the floor-to-ceiling windows are very nice ~

thanks for the great updates drum118 ... I'm really likely how Renaissance turned out and am particularly fond of the building's illregular shape, the geometry certain adds an interesting dimension to the tower ... plus the floor-to-ceiling windows are very nice ~

I agree, it was one of the reasons I bought here, I love the exterior and the interior layouts are in some cases very unique.

I like the building myself, but hate the base. The Balconies add or enhance the look as well the illregular shape.

Not sure if the base was left this way as an added on at a later date by other development or the cheap way. The west and south view really poorly exposed.

I like the building myself, but hate the base. The Balconies add or enhance the look as well the illregular shape.

Not sure if the base was left this way as an added on at a later date by other development or the cheap way. The west and south view really poorly exposed.

My understanding is that there is future development coming on the west side, not sure about the south. Much of the block is being considered by the city for re-zoning and redevelopment.

4714260629_32d2471781.jpg

The podium, facing George Street, is less offensive than I feared. There is space for streetfront retail, though I don't know how well this will do over the short to medium term. It is difficult to tell that the podium will contain aboveground parking. Hopefully the truly bad parts of the podium on the north side will be hidden by future development.

The tower itself isn't bad at all.

4714901696_05c5e7be61_b.jpg

The podium improved a bit when Alterra changed the plans to add residential units on the 3rd and 4th floor facing the street, whereas it was initially a blank wall (see original rendering) for the above grade parking garage contained therein ~

good to see this one turned out well ... I certainly like the tower a lot ~ its glass but its not a box !

The tower is surprisingly not bad! It's nothing amazing, but it's definitely a step up from something like Grande Triomphe. My old hometown isn't a complete wasteland!

The blank wall on the second floor is poorly handled. But the other floors are fine, if heavy on the po-mo precast.

As much as I love the way the building has turned out, I will be looking to sell my unit......... my job has taken me to US. It's on the 24'th floor facing E - SE....... perfect location.

What floor is your unit on? Mine is on the 24'th floor and I haven't been called to make the choices.

What floor is your unit on? Mine is on the 24'th floor and I haven't been called to make the choices.

I'm on the 19th floor, but I made my selections in February, probably about 2 weeks after I paid the downpayment, so I'm surprised you haven't been contacted. The person I dealt with at the sales office is Jennifer, maybe get in touch with her?

Back