News   Jul 18, 2024
 822     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 735     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 566     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I didn't know there was a newspaper named " the Stun ! "

You obviously haven't been watching CP2Ford much or been out camping with Doug either! If you're puzzled by these too, they're long-running terms in the Rob and Doug Ford threads.

CP2Ford = unofficial tv station giving lots of time to Fords and Ford pals, maybe a little less since Stephen Ledrew left.
Camping = campaigning, from 2014 election search of Rob Ford Campaign office yielded Rob Ford Camping office.

Ya have to learn the lingo around these parts.

You obviously haven't been watching CP2Ford much or been out camping with Doug either! If you're puzzled by these too, they're long-running terms in the Rob and Doug Ford threads.

CP2Ford = unofficial tv station giving lots of time to Fords and Ford pals, maybe a little less since Stephen Ledrew left.
Camping = campaigning, from 2014 election search of Rob Ford Campaign office yielded Rob Ford Camping office.

Ya have to learn the lingo around these parts.

Many thanks. Now time to get back to watching CP2Ford !

Last edited:
Hahaha. Why not... The. Greatest. Government. In. Human. History!!!

And yet they haven't even released their first budget...

In a speech to the Economic Club of Canada today, Ontario’s premier puts his government’s track record as the best, “up against any government in Canadian history.”

https://www.thestar.com/politics/po...TopTenReasonsno11DougFordisourbestpremierever

Any other government in Canadian history ?? Really DoFo? There are two governments that are Conservative in the last 60 years that are better than DoFo's : Steven Harper federally, and Bill Davis provincially.

Any other government in Canadian history ?? Really DoFo? There are two governments that are Conservative in the last 60 years that are better than DoFo's : Steven Harper federally, and Bill Davis provincially.
There is also John Robarts. there is likely argument for Mike Harris as well. It was easier for Robarts and Davis, since they followed competent governments.
Harris, Ford and Scheer (upcoming) are following disasters of a government so maybe the measure needs to be relative and not absolute.

If we go to other provinces, I could find other better ones too. Ford has only been in for <1 year. In my rankings, you have to be there for 2 years before I think we have an accurate idea of their performance.

ont-jpg.171720

Attachments

• Ont.jpg
    Ont.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 504
There is also John Robarts. there is likely argument for Mike Harris as well. It was easier for Robarts and Davis, since they followed competent governments.
Harris, Ford and Scheer (upcoming) are following disasters of a government so maybe the measure needs to be relative and not absolute.

If we go to other provinces, I could find other better ones too. Ford has only been in for <1 year. In my rankings, you have to be there for 2 years before I think we have an accurate idea of their performance.

ont-jpg.171720

Source?

ont-jpg.171720

Not that I genuinely care, but in the spirit of being a good sport........

On what basis did you form this opinion?

Were it my list.......I might have listed deficits/surpluses and the same in cumulative form over a mandate.

I might have listed what I thought were the 2 or 3 top accomplishments of each government.

I might have listed what I understood to be their biggest shortcoming.

Were I weighing the public's judgement at all, I might also have posted their last opinion poll before leaving office, and which party succeeded them in office (their own or another)

But you may use whatever whimsical criteria you did..........

From link:

New Canada food guide calls for plant-based diet, pushes salt and saturated fat to the side

...In terms of what to eat, the guide trumpets vegetables and legumes, nuts, seeds, tofu, fish and shellfish. If we must have our meat, the guide encourages us to choose lean cuts. Milk, yogurt and cheeses should be “lower fat,” the guide says. And, water should be our drink of choice.

Except in Ontario, under Doug Ford's Bill 66 which undermines clean-water protections.

Every
It was easier for Robarts and Davis, since they followed competent governments.
Harris, Ford and Scheer (upcoming) are following disasters of a government
What exactly constitutes a "disaster of a government" in your loose definitions? If it caused economic collapse (e.g.Zimbabwe), presided over the disintegration of society into anarchy and/or civil war (e.g. Afghanistan), presided over a police state (e.g. USSR) or led the state into a destructive and ruinous war (e.g. Nazi Germany) I would call it a disaster of a government. Since none of those things has happened in Ontario (yet) I find the use of "disaster of a government" to be pretty meaningless and empty, even in relativity to other administrations.

Yeah, so there were some recessions along the way, they happen from time to time, and some misguided decisions by various governments on policies, but I'd hardly classify any of them as a "disaster". Some had more accomplishments and some had more failings, but "disaster"? A little hyperbolic aren't you?

Back