News   Jul 18, 2024
 860     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 771     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 576     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I guess she didn't know she was working for Doug. Par for the course...

The Ontario government announced McCallion's appointment as a special adviser last week, but she says she hasn't formally accepted it and may not have time. “I should have seen the news release. I never got a copy of it,” McCallion says.

Last edited:
The endless campaign...

Today Ontario's PC Party announces Premier Doug Ford's 2022 re-election campaign committee chaired by Chris Froggatt. Also includes Steve Clark, Mike Crase, Simone Daniels, Dean French, Amin Massoudi, Tony Miele, Brian Patterson, and Kory Teneycke.

When it comes to hyperbole, the announcement referred to his becoming Premier "with one of the strongest mandates Ontario has ever seen". 40.5% and 76 seats out of 124 is actually kind of middling as mandates go. (Well, maybe when it comes to *vote totals*; but hey, Ontario's population has grown, etc,...)

When it comes to hyperbole, the announcement referred to his becoming Premier "with one of the strongest mandates Ontario has ever seen". 40.5% and 76 seats out of 124 is actually kind of middling as mandates go. (Well, maybe when it comes to *vote totals*; but hey, Ontario's population has grown, etc,...)
Let us not forget that brother Rob won the mayoral race with in a "Landslide" victory. That is, if a landslide is 47.11% of voters.

I would also add that he won 40% from the people who bothered to vote in the first place.

Let us not forget that brother Rob won the mayoral race with in a "Landslide" victory. That is, if a landslide is 47.11% of voters.

Well, it might have seemed such if there were several candidates with half the vote or less (sort of like a "Chretien Liberal in Ontario" circumstance). But George Smitherman got 35.61%...

So that deal for Hydro One to buy Avista is officially dead. Will cost Ontario $137 million in costs.

Another failure by Doug Ford.
Nothing to worry about here. Move along please!

Ontario Energy Minister Greg Rickford said the Progressive Conservative government accepts the decision made by the two utilities, and will continue to focus on bringing down hydro rates for Ontarians.
“Any costs incurred as a result of today’s decision will not be paid by Ontario electricity customers,” Rickford said in a statement.

I knew we could rely on the Thugites to find the mythical Money Tree.

Ontario Energy Minister Greg Rickford said the Progressive Conservative government accepts the decision made by the two utilities, and will continue to focus on bringing down hydro rates for Ontarians.
“Any costs incurred as a result of today’s decision will not be paid by Ontario electricity customers,” Rickford said in a statement.

Haha, perhaps Bonnie Lysyk can find it?

AoD

I would also add that he won 40% from the people who bothered to vote in the first place.
I always say those who didn't vote endorse the choice of the rest.

If you want to bring in the actual vote,
2018 Ford got 2.3M votes (41%).
2014 Wynne got 1.9M (39%).
2011 McGuinty got 1.6M (38%)
So what - Ford is the most legitimate Premier in the past decade?

Here's my conundrum.

I didn't agree w/this deal in the first place, or the privatization of Hydro One.

But I also don't think the ham-handed way Ford dealt with this file was acceptable either.

Together those poor decisions resulting in the adverse impact to Ontarians.

Here's my thought, let's divide the 137M bill in 1/2.

Send half to the PC Party of Ontario and half to the Liberal Party of ON.

They can then both be as bankrupt financially as they are in other ways! LOL

If you want to get into "legitimacy", let's not forget Ford called Wynne "illegitimate" simply because she replaced the leader of her party.

They're all illegitimate. First past the post doesn't represent the majority in any of these cases. But we already know Doug Ford is adamantly against ranked ballots, and he hasn't exactly talked of election reform now has he? The winner rarely does.

Did Asshole really "appoint" Hazel McCallion without bothering to inform her first? Does that strike anyone else as being the least little bit, oh, insane?

I didn't agree w/this deal in the first place, or the privatization of Hydro One.

But I also don't think the ham-handed way Ford dealt with this file was acceptable either.

Yeah, but you can bet real money that Thug wasn't objecting to privatizing Hydro. I mean, duh. He just wanted to stick it to Wynne over what would be - to him - a non-issue, and dump her supposed "crony" while installing an actual crony (or bootlick or servant, a 'la Ron Taverner) of his own.

If you want to get into "legitimacy", let's not forget Ford called Wynne "illegitimate" simply because she replaced the leader of her party.

Let's also not forget that Thug lead a coup against his former party leader and ousted the poor, hapless goon under circumstances that were incredibly shady. At best. He's a fine one to be braying about legitimacy.

Really, one of the most annoying things about Dofo's fan base (and Dofo himself, come to that) is their repeated insistence that because the lying sack of shit won an election, that ,means he should be able to do whatever he wants without opposition or criticism...or even commentary, unless it's favorable, of course. By that standard, any politician who wins any election should be able to claim the same thing, but somehow, this rule only ever seems to apply to the scumbag likes of Ford. Why is that?

So that deal for Hydro One to buy Avista is officially dead. Will cost Ontario $137 million in costs.

More respect for the taxpayers!

Are you forgetting the changes in population?

Back