News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 274     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 807     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Wasn't Ontario Place on the Heritage Site list? Who ordered that Ontario Place be removed? Will Rob Ford's old house be placed on the Heritage Site list, in its place? It's still for sale, see link, at $1,799,000.

It wasn't removed from the list; it's just that the page explaining its heritage importance was removed.

Y'know, going back to Taverner, I think there's one more readymade Ford trope that we can expect a lot more of: "it was a political decision" That these bozos who piggyback off popular resentment for politician types will henceforth use "it was a political decision" as an alibi for doing *anything*...

It wasn't removed from the list; it's just that the page explaining its heritage importance was removed.

Y'know, going back to Taverner, I think there's one more readymade Ford trope that we can expect a lot more of: "it was a political decision" That these bozos who piggyback off popular resentment for politician types will henceforth use "it was a political decision" as an alibi for doing *anything*...

On Taverner, nothing will come from the court case. Taverner will simply stay with the Toronto Police and quietly retire in a few years. Why would he transfer to the OPP where every other police officer is going to hate him. The great thing however is that Ford will have to be on his toes, knowing people are just waiting to catch him in a dirty deal.

On Taverner, nothing will come from the court case. Taverner will simply stay with the Toronto Police and quietly retire in a few years. Why would he transfer to the OPP where every other police officer is going to hate him. The great thing however is that Ford will have to be on his toes, knowing people are just waiting to catch him in a dirty deal.

As per my point, "dirty deals" henceforth mean "political decisions". (Which is a sort of "whataboutism" way of excusing the same: if the Wynne/Justin Libs did so-and-so, then why can't I do my own kind of so-and-so, etc)

Hazel gets on the gravy train:

‘Hurricane Hazel’ McCallion appointed adviser to Premier Doug Ford
Ontario Premier Doug Ford has appointed former Mississauga mayor Hazel McCallion as a special adviser.

McCallion served as mayor of the city west of Toronto from 1978 to 2014.

In a release, the provincial government says McCallion will advise Ford and Municipal Affairs Minister Steve Clark on a range of municipal issues and will receive up to $150,000 per year.

Where's the Ontario Place plaque commemorating its place in Ontario and/or Toronto?

See link.

Like the CNE's plaque, from link:
Canadian_National_Exhibition_Plaque.jpg

Last edited:

Back