News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 309     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 858     0 

PATH Network Expansion (various, various, various)

So we were discussing this in another thread but what are the plans for connecting Osgoode station with the PATH network?

The PATH map currently shows a projected connection between the Four Seasons Centre and Hilton Toronto, but I gather from other posts that this is actually technically difficult.

Wow I cannot believe I am just finding out about this thread now!

As most of you know, I have been a little obsessed with the PATH as of late. Just the other week I created a base map to plot out future PATH extensions. I extended the map north to Yorkville, west to Bathurst and east to Sherbourne. Enjoy!

I assume you have looked at the PATH Master Plan document - http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=8ea70621f3161410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

I have now!

Read/skimmed through the most of it. I found some interesting information on the Western Path extension from Union to HSBC/TD West Tower. Apparently there will be connections to the neighboring Strathcona Hotel and Heenan Place, adding them to the PATH network, as well as an eastern connection to The Fairmont. That will provide for some new travel patterns especially heading west of Union. (No longer dependent on St. Andrew station)

None of those links you mentioned are going to come without those sites being redeveloped first. PATH extensions cost $$$, so they're only going to happen when hundreds of millions are being spent on new buildings.

And even then, not immediately. It was the late 90s at least before the connection between Scotia Plaza and Commerce Court North opened.

I was walking down Lower Simcoe Street today and noticed a PATH sign on the on the new condo building on the east side of Lower Simcoe just north of L Lake Shore Blvd - Infinity. I did not have time to investigate it but the PATH map ( http://www1.toronto.ca/static_files/economic_development_and_culture/docs/BIA Maps/PATH_map.pdf ) shows this as a "future connection" going east right to the Air Canada Centre. I assume the link across (or under) York Street is not yet open. Yes?

I think the link between telus tower, pwc tower, and the south-core complex is open. However you may be referring to the planned connection between the Infinity condo complex, the Ice complex, and the Maple Leaf Square complex

Looking at this map, it appears that the new NW path tunnel will not include a connection with the Royal York Hotel. I hope that's not true. I also hope there are plans to eventually connect TD south tower to Union station via Royal York.

Screen shot 2015-02-12 at 12.52.33 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-02-12 at 12.52.33 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-02-12 at 12.52.33 PM.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,232
No, TD South will never connect directly to the Royal York. There's no point. The connection now via Royal Bank Plaza works fine. You're looking at this as a mapping exercise, trying to complete linkages in that overly simplified checkerboard map made by the City. The reality is an extremely complicated below grade world of supporting structures, back of house support rooms, garages, retail space, and services galore. Some of the planned connections will be accomplished over time, some never will.

No, TD South will never connect directly to the Royal York. There's no point. The connection now via Royal Bank Plaza works fine. You're looking at this as a mapping exercise, trying to complete linkages in that overly simplified checkerboard map made by the City. The reality is an extremely complicated below grade world of supporting structures, back of house support rooms, garages, retail space, and services galore. Some of the planned connections will be accomplished over time, some never will.

Ok, but will the NW path connect to Royal York?

The Royal York has two connections to the PATH already. Sorry to say, but I'd be surprised if they were to spend another cent on a third connection.

The Royal York has two connections to the PATH already. Sorry to say, but I'd be surprised if they were to spend another cent on a third connection.

There is a connection in the original EA preferred alignment, but it differs significantly from what's built (e.g. location of the street level entrance portal(s) =) so I wouldn't bet anything on that now.

AoD

I'd like to see the PATH continue its march northwards from Dundas to Bloor. It would relieve the Yonge line in winter.

Step one: Eaton Chelsea hotel, Aura, and College Park connected to Dundas!

I'd like to see the PATH continue its march northwards from Dundas to Bloor. It would relieve the Yonge line in winter.

Step one: Eaton Chelsea hotel, Aura, and College Park connected to Dundas!

Finishing up Dundas to Gerrard will be a blessing in itself. College to Bloor on the other hand, I can't even see that happening regardless it being part of the PATH Plan. Not for a few decades at least.

Finishing up Dundas to Gerrard will be a blessing in itself. College to Bloor on the other hand, I can't even see that happening regardless it being part of the PATH Plan. Not for a few decades at least.

Got to find a way from the Atrium to Aura, so close yet so far.

Looking at this map, it appears that the new NW path tunnel will not include a connection with the Royal York Hotel. I hope that's not true. I also hope there are plans to eventually connect TD south tower to Union station via Royal York.

What is the latest on that NW tunnel anyway.......seems the interesting entrances to it on the NW corner of York and Front have been there for a while now....any idea when it opens? What about the connection up to 70 York....is that under construction or some future phase?

Back