News   Aug 16, 2019
 2.4K     9 
News   Aug 16, 2019
 903     1 
News   Aug 16, 2019
 1K     0 

PATH Network Expansion (various, various, various)

hihihi

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thanks for finding that.

It begs the question whether or not the PATH extensions should all be in one thread or should each get their own thread like the Northwest PATH Expansion. We are rethinking the way threads are split up right now, BTW, and looking for ways to make it easier to navigate to them all. The Transportation & Infrastructure section is a poorly structured and congested mess in particular.

cool thread nonetheless thanks for the pics guys

ryguy7787

Member Bio
Reaction score
To ease the already congested GO station terminal for people who just need to get to the southcore/ any future PATH destinations. Union is already too busy during rush hour, let alone when thousands of new residents/employees are making their way through.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
See this link for information on

What the new Harbour St. pedestrian bridge looks like

2014925-bridge-lead.jpg

The Harbour St. pedestrian bridge is almost ready to open, extending the PATH system from the Air Canada Centre to Waterpark Place at Queens Quay. Last weekend the final segment was installed in an elaborate procedure that lifted the the bridge over the Gardiner Expressway. Now that it's in place, the public can expect to start using the elevated corridor in early October. A formal opening is scheduled for December.

2014925-bridge-far.jpg

Attachments

DtTO

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm surprised they haven't installed any safety height barriers of some sort. For example, steel beams some distance away from the bridge that are at the same height as its lowest point. That way, there would never be an accident involving the bridge if a truck that is too tall tries to go through.

vegeta_skyline

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm surprised they haven't installed any safety height barriers of some sort. For example, steel beams some distance away from the bridge that are at the same height as its lowest point. That way, there would never be an accident involving the bridge if a truck that is too tall tries to go through.
I don't get it either, it would be quite easy to implement those safety features at the start of the ramp. Though sometimes even those aren't sufficient re; the recent Burlington Skyline incident.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thank you again to scamander24 for all the photo updates, including this one - the new entrance looks quite nice at night (though I do recall the DRP recommending the double entrance be simplified into a single portal).

AoD

johnwood

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thank you again to scamander24 for all the photo updates, including this one - the new entrance looks quite nice at night (though I do recall the DRP recommending the double entrance be simplified into a single portal).

AoD
they should connect the path from the yonge and bloor subway to the toronto reference library

Tuscani01

Member Bio
Reaction score

AoD
In this case, I'm glad they didn't listen and went for two entrances. I walked by this while it was lit up during Nuit Blanche and it looked pretty good. The two entrances look sculptural as they are angled different and play on each other. I do wish they had used floor to ceiling glass instead of having a concrete base. It would have looked much better.