News   Jul 22, 2024
 599     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 633     0 

November 2020 US Election

That would be treason and that is something that would get him killed if not by sentence but by every patriotic american carrying a gun.

Ah, but what if it's to said "patriotic Americans carrying a gun" that he reveals said "state secrets" to? Like, paramilitary and boogaloo types being party to nuclear codes, or something...

Bernie doesn't know how to win and Carville only cares about winning for power's sake. What about being electorally competitive and actually wanting to achieve something, not use power to just beget more power (aka serving powerful/moneyed interests). The whole US political system is a plutocratic nightmare.
Biden needs to steer the US towards the centre. Any leftward turns will bring a resurgent GOP in 2022 and 2024.

The thing is there are many 'left wing' policies that enjoy high levels of support, even among republicans. Medicare expansion is an example. There are many issues on which both parties are serving moneyed interests despite large popular consensuses.

Screen_Shot_2019_07_23_at_1.55.14_PM.png

Bernie doesn't know how to win and Carville only cares about winning for power's sake. What about being electorally competitive and actually wanting to achieve something, not use power to just beget more power (aka serving powerful/moneyed interests). The whole US political system is a plutocratic nightmare.

Listen to Carville. He explained that you just can't execute on your policy priorities without winning. And he's absolutely right. The guy got Bill Clinton two terms and helped elect Obama. He's a winner.

If progressives weren't such ideological dicks, Hilary Clinton would be running for re-election right now after putting three Justices on the Supreme Court.

Listen to Carville. He explained that you just can't execute on your policy priorities without winning. And he's absolutely right. The guy got Bill Clinton two terms and helped elect Obama. He's a winner.

If progressives weren't such ideological dicks, Hilary Clinton would be running for re-election right now after putting three Justices on the Supreme Court.

This. It's utterly masochistic to forfeit the opportunity to power - the precondition of enacting policy - for the sake of purity while ceding the rein to those diametrically opposite to your policy interests. It's sheer insanity - choosing perpetual struggle and the protest vote over actual opportunity to make a real difference. What's the point of activism if you can't get yourself in a position of power (and I don't mean getting one or two reps elected) first?

AoD

Last edited:

I'm not someone who necessarily supports progressives vs moderate democrats. Clinton was arrogant and lost the election by neglecting PA and MI, taking them for granted.

Obama failed to achieve much after his first two years in office, and allowed himself to be blocked by the republican Senate. He allowed them to get away with leaving hundreds of judicial vacancies, effectively ceding the judicial branch to the GOP. We technically had a democrat in office, but if they didn't do much that the Republicans wouldn't agree with had it been a GOP president, what did anyone gain?

I'm not someone who necessarily supports progressives vs moderate democrats. Clinton was arrogant and lost the election by neglecting PA and MI, taking them for granted.

Obama failed to achieve much after his first two years in office, and allowed himself to be blocked by the republican Senate. He allowed them to get away with leaving hundreds of judicial vacancies, effectively ceding the judicial branch to the GOP. We technically had a democrat in office, but if they didn't do much that the Republicans wouldn't agree with had it been a GOP president, what did anyone gain?

Obama is better at rhetoric than he is at governing - he lacks ruthlessness (and I might add, is a bit vain). I have no doubt Clinton would be better- but she is unlikable/relatable, and that matters in politics.

AoD

Last edited:

Obama is better at rhetoric than he is at governing - he lacks ruthlessness (and I might add, is a bit vain). I have no doubt Clinton would be better- but she is unlikable/relatable, and that matters in politics.

AoD

Disagree with these takes. Obama didn't have a large Senate majority. And he had a lot of moderate Congressmen and Senators who weren't willing to ditch the filibuster. It wasn't just Obama.

Then he lost the House in 2010. And then the Senate in 2014.

Depending on the outcome of the Senate, Biden will have a moderate Congress, but one that is far more willing to battle Republicans for their priorities. I expect something like a three month test of Republicans. If they start obstructing, the filibuster goes and legislation gets rammed through. The stimulus bill will be the first test.

Disagree with these takes. Obama didn't have a large Senate majority. And he had a lot of moderate Congressmen and Senators who weren't willing to ditch the filibuster. It wasn't just Obama.

Then he lost the House in 2010. And then the Senate in 2014.

Depending on the outcome of the Senate, Biden will have a moderate Congress, but one that is far more willing to battle Republicans for their priorities. I expect something like a three month test of Republicans. If they stay obstructing, the filibuster goes and legislation gets rammed through. The stimulus bill will be the first test.

Yes and no - a stronger president who can command the party could have bent it to his will; at a fundamental level Obama isn't the type to play hardball with his own party.

AoD

I was just watching the frontline decision 2020 documentary.

The idea I liked is how Biden unintentionally crafted a niche as a symbol of and someone sought after to deal with grief.

I think that makes a 2020 Biden presidency not only serendipitous but necessary.

What the US needs right now more than anything is a period of mourning to mark a difficult time. I believe the Trump Presidency will now go down in history as marking the end of the American Century. The US people need to mourn this: the end of American exceptionalism, the end of innocence, the end of the American dream.

I was just watching the frontline decision 2020 documentary.

The idea I liked is how Biden unintentionally crafted a niche as a symbol of and someone sought after to deal with grief.

I think that makes a 2020 Biden presidency not only serendipitous but necessary.

What the US needs right now more than anything is a period of mourning to mark a difficult time. I believe the Trump Presidency will now go down in history as marking the end of the American Century. The US people need to mourn this: the end of American exceptionalism, the end of innocence, the end of the American dream.
The battle with Covid isn‘t even half done. At 800 to 1,000 deaths a day, the US will have over 400,000 dead by the time winter passes. Biden needs to lead the nation to victory, and only then serve as mourner in chief.

Particularly if the end of said presidency is accompanied by a flurry of catastrophic violence, or some such "unforetold" event.

Sort of like how the end of the Hitler regime wouldn't be "complete" without the revelation of the Holocaust.

Hundreds of Trump supporters stuck on freezing cold Omaha airfield after rally, 7 taken to hospitals

Overall, 30 people were "contacted" for medical reasons, the Omaha police department said in a statement.

Oct 28, 2020

Hundreds of President Donald Trump's supporters were left in the freezing cold for hours after a rally at an airfield in Omaha, Nebraska, on Tuesday night, with some walking around 3 miles to waiting buses and others being taken away in ambulances.

Seven people were taken to area hospitals, suffering from a variety of conditions, and there were a total of 30 "contacted" for medical reasons, the Omaha Police Department said in a statement. The Omaha Airport Authority had a slightly different figure of the number taken to hospitals — it said six were "throughout the duration of the event" and added that it could not confirm that the people were taken to hospitals because of the cold.

The temperature in the area was in the mid-30s at the time, but as low as 27 degrees with wind chill.

Back