News   Jul 22, 2024
 600     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 634     0 

November 2020 US Election

Hundreds of Trump supporters stuck on freezing cold Omaha airfield after rally, 7 taken to hospitals

Overall, 30 people were "contacted" for medical reasons, the Omaha police department said in a statement.

Oct 28, 2020

Hundreds of President Donald Trump's supporters were left in the freezing cold for hours after a rally at an airfield in Omaha, Nebraska, on Tuesday night, with some walking around 3 miles to waiting buses and others being taken away in ambulances.

Seven people were taken to area hospitals, suffering from a variety of conditions, and there were a total of 30 "contacted" for medical reasons, the Omaha Police Department said in a statement. The Omaha Airport Authority had a slightly different figure of the number taken to hospitals — it said six were "throughout the duration of the event" and added that it could not confirm that the people were taken to hospitals because of the cold.

The temperature in the area was in the mid-30s at the time, but as low as 27 degrees with wind chill.

Trump has lost the Nebraska vote...

They must not have been dressed for the weather. 0C is not that cold if you have a coat and a hat, even if you spend all day outside.

Hundreds of Trump supporters stuck on freezing cold Omaha airfield after rally, 7 taken to hospitals

Overall, 30 people were "contacted" for medical reasons, the Omaha police department said in a statement.

Oct 28, 2020

Hundreds of President Donald Trump's supporters were left in the freezing cold for hours after a rally at an airfield in Omaha, Nebraska, on Tuesday night, with some walking around 3 miles to waiting buses and others being taken away in ambulances.

Seven people were taken to area hospitals, suffering from a variety of conditions, and there were a total of 30 "contacted" for medical reasons, the Omaha Police Department said in a statement. The Omaha Airport Authority had a slightly different figure of the number taken to hospitals — it said six were "throughout the duration of the event" and added that it could not confirm that the people were taken to hospitals because of the cold.

The temperature in the area was in the mid-30s at the time, but as low as 27 degrees with wind chill.

The "cold" temperatures would be less of a problem if they just stop testing the temperatures. Less "positive" results for "freezing".

d02e0ca1fd679a5e058785854121503cca27483eb19b8a76fa0a0487958424d7.jpg

From link.

It’s not just Covid that America needs to mourn. Psychologically Covid is the symptom not the disease.

The US has been able to psychologically paper-over it’s faults and inequities by being the best and the biggest. That Century is now over. How do all those social and economic faults feel in a world where the US is neither first nor the biggest nor the most powerful?

China has inherited that mantle now; the ability to psychologically paper over it’s faulty by being the first and biggest. Who cares if you’re struggling on $300-a-month because China is home to the most billionaires right!

Trump is right about one thing, the need to be best has become essential to the America psyche. They need it because the substandard standard-of-living of common people evident to anyone visiting the US in person needs to be justified.

I’m not saying the US is a spent force, not at all. What I’m saying is the place the US holds in our world and the picture Americans hold of the place they occupy are incongruous and that reality is creeping in.

Trump still owes El Paso—a city facing a coronavirus disaster—$569,000 for his 2019 rally

October 30, 2020

As El Paso, Texas, battles the worst coronavirus outbreak in the nation as measured by population-adjusted cases, the city is also still fighting to get Trump’s campaign to pay its outstanding bill from a rally held there in 2019.

Trump’s outstanding balance of $569,204.63 for the rally he held in the border town back in February of last year still hasn’t been paid, according to El Paso Mayor Dee Margo.

“We’ve been unable to collect,” he told Yahoo Finance. “We're told even if we filed suit, chances of collection are slim.”

Biden is 10 percentage points ahead, which is a solid lead going into the final days. One can't help but pause and wonder however how many silent Trump supporters there are that the polls don't account for...

Biden is 10 percentage points ahead, which is a solid lead going into the final days. One can't help but pause and wonder however how many silent Trump supporters there are that the polls don't account for...

I think most americans are cognisant of the fact that by re-electing Trump and any GOP majority they are not going to do themselves any favors. Trump's whole thing was making america great again when in reality they have made things worse.

They have not made America great again, they made it a global laughingstock.

The key thing here is that America cannot be made a global power again like it was from the 40s - 90s. When the EU took hold in 1999 and China became more influential after the USSRs collapse Americas influence waned. Right now, people would rather deal with the EU than they would America as the EU has 27 nations and a population around 120 million larger than the US.

If the US is to be great again it does not need Trump, it needs to work with other nations diplomatically like it did in the 90s with the Camp David Accords, the START treaty, etc.

Trump's got some rappers supporting him. I always hated rap music. Too much violence misogyny & homophobia for my liking. No wonder rappers love Trump.

Trump's got some rappers supporting him. I always hated rap music. Too much violence misogyny & homophobia for my liking. No wonder rappers love Trump.

Lil Wayne does not surprise me. He was on the apprentice after all.

If Trump spent the last few days saying yes we messed up with Covid it could save the GOP in part but he is going the other way down playing Covid.

Back