News   Jul 23, 2024
 33     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 648     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.7K     0 

November 2020 US Election

The bright side is you can't pardon yourself before you (or your family) have been convicted of a crime. That fact will come in handy later on. Personally I am more concerned about him selling state secrets for a price.

AoD

That would be treason and that is something that would get him killed if not by sentence but by every patriotic american carrying a gun.

That would be treason and that is something that would get him killed if not by sentence but by every patriotic american carrying a gun.

I don't find treason to be beneath him at all (I can't think of a single thing or person he wouldn't sell out to if 1. there is a benefit to be gained and 2. he can get away with it) - as to the latter, that crowd would only care if it was someone else other than Trump/MAGAbros.

AoD

I don't find treason to be beneath him at all (I can't think of a single thing or person he wouldn't sell out to if 1. there is a benefit to be gained and 2. if he can get away with it) - as to the latter, that crowd would only care if it was someone else other than Trump/MAGAbros.

AoD

When US Presidents commit treason or have a suspicion of doing so.. accidents happen.

Fair enough. I am just saying that Trump would not get away with that here.

If he chose that path, the problem won't be him getting away with it; the problem is with the state secret getting away. He would simply be a "useful idiot" whose fate is irrelevant in that picture. I mean, just who does he owe money to? We don't know for sure, but we can guess - they are likely proxy of states with a vested interest in what he have access to and what he can do in his official role. There is a reason why financial disclosure is important - and that's why he refuses to do so to this very day.

AoD

Last edited:
If he chose that path, the problem won't be him getting away with it; the problem is with the state secret getting away. He would simply be a "useful idiot" whose fate is irrelevant in that picture. I mean, just who does he owe money to? We don't know for sure, but we can guess - they are likely proxy of states with a vested interest in what he have access to and what he can do in his official role. There is a reason why financial disclosure is important - and that's why he refuses to do so to this very day.

AoD

No doubt debts would be wiped clean for a few state secrets.

Sh#t this is powerful stuff...

It's kind of mind boggling that the Democrats are so weak at crafting messages like this. Lincoln Project is some disaffected Republicans trying to save the GOP from Trump (and probably curry influence with Biden during his term, apparently successfully).

It's kind of mind boggling that the Democrats are so weak at crafting messages like this. Lincoln Project is some disaffected Republicans trying to save the GOP from Trump (and probably curry influence with Biden during his term, apparently successfully).

I listen to their podcasts. They explain why they were good at it.

They don't care about ideological purity. They aren't balancing commercials by race or gender. They know their audience (moderate Republicans) and target them with directly what appeals emotionally.

I also listen to James Carville's podcasts. He argues that Democrats need to grow a pair. He despises the Sanders/AOC wing and argues they don't know how to win. All the care about is activist BS.

I agree with them. Thank god Biden has one of the Obama veterans running his campaign. She runs a tight and disciplined ship. And they have stuck to their plan and executed on it. I expect good results.

I also listen to James Carville's podcasts. He argues that Democrats need to grow a pair. He despises the Sanders/AOC wing and argues they don't know how to win. All the care about is activist BS.
Bernie doesn't know how to win and Carville only cares about winning for power's sake. What about being electorally competitive and actually wanting to achieve something, not use power to just beget more power (aka serving powerful/moneyed interests). The whole US political system is a plutocratic nightmare.

Back