News   Aug 08, 2024
 360     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 401     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I’ve done what I can, I’m triple vaxed, I wear my mask, I‘ve moved to WFH for two years now. Here’s the thing, I’m going to die. And so are you DSC, perhaps sooner, perhaps later, but DSC you’re a walking deadman. ⚰️

But when do we get to live? What is the threshold or target whereupon we can stand down? What’s the point of watching case counts and hospitalizations rise and fall if talk of a hypothetical new variant is enough to scare our politicians into coercing us back into hiding?

These protestors are idiots, and so is the chief of Ottawa Police for allowing his Downtown to be swamped. Thank goodness Toronto didn’t hire that tool as TPS chief. But I’m done, I’ve done my part. I’ve booked my flight to London, and will continue to mask and take sensible precautions as I see the sights and visit family. But I need to live now - DSC, you, me, and the rest of us will be dead a long time. What are you going to do beforehand?

A theoretical threat isn't a reason to not open up as hospitalization and ICU numbers recede - it just speaks to the need to continue to monitor and if necessary - react if our healthcare system gets threatened again. Nobody want to be in a state of perpetual emergency when we developed a reasonable handle on the situation.

AoD

This is confirmed in Star:

Jim Watson's office says Freedom Convoy organizers have agreed to the city's demands to confine their protest activities to an area around Parliament Hill.

A letter to convoy board president Tamara Lich says Watson will agree to meet with demonstrators if trucks and other vehicles taking part in the ongoing protests are out of residential neighbourhoods by noon on Monday.

Must say I find it somewhat odd to have a Mayor negotiating with a person/group who are clearly breaking the law and the new emergency regulations. Nobody (or few people) want violence but the protesters are acting illegally and inviting them to pop over for a chat does not change this fact. Is their new protest location going to be blocking a street elsewhere in Ottawa (and are they actually leaving Wellington Street - though not residential this is a major street in Ottawa?)

Jim Watson's office says Freedom Convoy organizers have agreed to the city's demands to confine their protest activities to an area around Parliament Hill.

A letter to convoy board president Tamara Lich says Watson will agree to meet with demonstrators if trucks and other vehicles taking part in the ongoing protests are out of residential neighbourhoods by noon on Monday.

Must say I find it somewhat odd to have a Mayor negotiating with a person/group who are clearly breaking the law and the new emergency regulations. Nobody (or few people) want violence but the protesters are acting illegally and inviting them to pop over for a chat does not change this fact. Is their new protest location going to be blocking a street elsewhere in Ottawa (and are they actually leaving Wellington Street - though not residential this is a major street in Ottawa?)

I have no particular time for this either. I would have been more patient than some here; but that time has come and gone, quite awhile ago, might I add.

I'm all for restrained action...........but, at this point, that restraint needs to result, in a timely way, in a total dispersal of the demonstration. I think there's a case to be made, at some point, that a small number of well-behaved demonstrators could return, provided they did not obstruct traffic or harass the locals at all.

But for the time being, the entire thing does need to come to an end, particularly in this location where it has been so disruptive.

The Mayor of Ottawa couldn't meet any of the Vax-mandate related demands of protestor, nor any of the more extreme nonsense were that even desirable.
I fail to see the point of a meeting.

Plus giving them an inch they'll probably take a mile now. /sigh

Negotiating with a bunch with no real leaders and plenty of unreality is always going to end well.

It's like people didn't follow analogous events elsewhere - and the warnings they offer.

AoD

Back