News   Aug 08, 2024
 433     1 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 414     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 474     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Looking through the GiveSendGo data leak today and see only one person in my neighbourhood who donated.
Not sure how well a Real Estate Agent in this Jewish community will do having donated after seeing Nazi flags at the protest, but I guess we'll see.

2) City of Ottawa: Horrid leadership by waiting for more than a week to finally request for a court injuction. Then the Mayor goes a step further by "negotiating" with the "leadership" of the convoy to literally, ask them to break the law somewhere else. I mean honestly, the man is begging protesters and saying it's ok if you break the laws, but please do it a couple blocks away from residential neighborhoods. I've never heard of something so stupid and idiotic in my life

Well said on all points.

Jim Watson has just shown himself to be a Dollarama John Tory.

Why is it that Ontario cities have the worst mayors?

Looking through the GiveSendGo data leak today and see only one person in my neighbourhood who donated.
Not sure how well a Real Estate Agent in this Jewish community will do having donated after seeing Nazi flags at the protest, but I guess we'll see.

Lots of cryptobros in the list too.

Well said on all points.

Jim Watson has just shown himself to be a Dollarama John Tory.

Why is it that Ontario cities have the worst mayors?

Lame-duck, sub/exurban beholden.

AoD

Good. Now let's mobilize the RCMP's counterinsurgency folks and if necessary the CAF's Ottawa garrison and clear out this rabble.

The armed forces are ready and eagar to leave KP duty to do other kind of cleaning up...

Potato-Peeling.jpg
From link.

Parliament is an absolute joke. It took them 3 weeks to come up with this? I wont even start with Freeland, who's clearly just inept at her post.

There needs to be a way to get a live cam in on these apparent useless cabinet meetings. At least we now have confirmation that the PMO's office dont do their work because their offices are literally right outside of the protests, and you know any normal human being wouldnt be able to work under those conditions. But im sure they are probably "working" from home as a result of these protest.

Parliament is an absolute joke. It took them 3 weeks to come up with this?

There needs to be a way to get a live cam in on these apparent useless cabinet meetings. At least we now have confirmation that the PMO's office dont do their work because their offices are literally right outside of the protests, and you know any normal human being wouldnt be able to work under those conditions. But im sure they are "working" from home.

Not Parliament, cabinet. I have some doubts whether the public would have the stomach for invoking it like in the first week (and stuff like putting crowdfunding and crypto on FINTRAC even less - until the news around US funders came to light)

AoD

Last edited:
Not Parliament, cabinet. Honestly though, invoking the Emergencies Act isn't something to be done in haste for something "slow burn" like this.

AoD
Well i include Parliament as a whole, since none of the other parties even came up with that solution. And in a minority government, the Liberals need their buy in. But you're right, cabinet is directly responsible.

The Government had various tools at their disposal asides from the Emergency Act (ie: the Emergencies Management Act which they've already used countless times most recently with the BC floods). Either: 1) they dont know what they are doing, 2) getting poor policy advice, or 3) just completely oblivious as to how to enact that laws and legislation they have at their feet.

Parliament is an absolute joke. It took them 3 weeks to come up with this? I wont even start with Freeland, who's clearly just inept at her post.

There needs to be a way to get a live cam in on these apparent useless cabinet meetings. At least we now have confirmation that the PMO's office dont do their work because their offices are literally right outside of the protests, and you know any normal human being wouldnt be able to work under those conditions. But im sure they are probably "working" from home as a result of these protest.

Trudeau is such an embarrassment. Vote him out of office next election.

Back