News   Sep 12, 2024
 458     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Official gov't Press Release here:

From the above:

1644850520671.png

and

1644850553579.png

In other news, a gang hideout was raided by police in Ottawa Friday night but the police chief pulled the force back when there were reports of officers being called names.

I don't get the Ottawa Police's inability to deal with this. How many police do you need to arrest one person at a time? Set a low goal of arresting 5 people per hour and they would have arrested 300 people since Friday. If they can't come up with a strategy to deal with protesters that is an advertisement to criminals that if you want to set up shop then Ottawa is where you need to go.

My frustration is not directed at the police in general but the lack of leadership in the police force. They are the police for the capital city and they act like demonstrations against the government were inconceivable. What scenarios have they been strategizing? G20 summit should have had every police force trained on how to appropriately deal with this kind of situation... and this demonstration is far more peaceful than the G20 summit... what would the Ottawa police leadership have done at the G20? Maybe it is guidance from the Ottawa mayor too... sounds like he thinks the three spokespeople can actually make deals for a random collection of people with grievances which is ludicrous.

So frustrating to watch.

This just in: new powers granted to allow Ottawa police to wag their fingers and unprecedented three times in a row. This should clean things right up.

I've been biting my tongue on commenting about the protesting issues at play in Ontario, but here's what i'll say:

"Leadership" on every single level has been non-existent and there has been an abdication of leadership by all parties. I'll break it down:

1) Ottawa Police: Horrid leadership in stupidly allowing the protesters to enter the city centre because they were "assured" protesters would only be starying for a few days. So instead of blocking access into the core, they literally gave them free passes to park along key arterial routes in the city. Let's not even get into the "policing" which has been non-existent. Additionally, apparently the Ottawa Police has not been clear on requesting the specific type of resource they need assistance with.

2) City of Ottawa: Horrid leadership by waiting for more than a week to finally request for a court injuction. Then the Mayor goes a step further by "negotiating" with the "leadership" of the convoy to literally, ask them to break the law somewhere else. I mean honestly, the man is begging protesters and saying it's ok if you break the laws, but please do it a couple blocks away from residential neighborhoods. I've never heard of something so stupid and idiotic in my life

3) Ontario Government: Took them 2+ weeks to finally declare a State of Emergency and request a court injuction, wouldnt send in the OPP to assist, wouldnt enforce the laws (both with + without the Emergencies Act they enforced). The list really goes on and on

4) Canadian Government: Abdicated themselves from any kind of responsibility saying that it was a municipal and provincial issue (even withstanding the fact this was effecting the most important/critical economic link this country has). They weren't interested in providing any kind of policing assistance, they didnt want to look into enforcing any kind of Emergency legislation (whether that was the Emergencies Management Act, or Emergencies Act itself..well until today).

This literally has been an embarrassment from every single level, and from all political stripes. None of these clowns in power should be re-elected, because clearly these "leaders" dont know how to lead. And the best is yet to come, because prices for every day goods will increase even more than the inflationary pressures we currently face and governments will have to pay various firms X dollars (ie: auto-makers) through "investments" to re-assure companies that everything will be ok in the future with supply lines.

Welcome to the 2022 Clown Show.

I've been biting my tongue on commenting about the protesting issues at play in Ontario, but here's what i'll say:

"Leadership" on every single level has been non-existent and there has been an abdication of leadership by all parties. I'll break it down:

1) Ottawa Police: Horrid leadership in stupidly allowing the protesters to enter the city centre because they were "assured" protesters would only be starying for a few days. So instead of blocking access into the core, they literally gave them free passes to park along key arterial routes in the city. Let's not even get into the "policing" which has been non-existent. Additionally, apparently the Ottawa Police has not been clear on requesting the specific type of resource they need assistance with.

2) City of Ottawa: Horrid leadership by waiting for more than a week to finally request for a court injuction. Then the Mayor goes a step further by "negotiating" with the "leadership" of the convoy to literally, ask them to break the law somewhere else. I mean honestly, the man is begging protesters and saying it's ok if you break the laws, but please do it a couple blocks away from residential neighborhoods. I've never heard of something so stupid and idiotic in my life

3) Ontario Government: Took them 2+ weeks to finally declare a State of Emergency and request a court injuction, wouldnt send in the OPP to assist, wouldnt enforce the laws (both with + without the Emergencies Act they enforced). The list really goes on and on

4) Canadian Government: Abdicated themselves from any kind of responsibility saying that it was a municipal and provincial issue (even withstanding the fact this was effecting the most important/critical economic link this country has). They weren't interested in providing any kind of policing assistance, they didnt want to look into enforcing any kind of Emergency legislation (whether that was the Emergencies Management Act, or Emergencies Act itself..well until today).

This literally has been an embarrassment from every single level, and from all political stripes. None of these clowns in power should be re-elected, because clearly these "leaders" dont know how to lead. And the best is yet to come, because prices for every day goods will increase even more than the inflationary pressures we currently face and governments will have to pay various firms X dollars (ie: auto-makers) through "investments" to re-assure companies that everything will be ok in the future with supply lines.

Not just in Ontario - in AB as well - where you actually have provincial government tacitly supporting the convoy (think of what Jason Kenney has said over the course of the matter). It is borderline seditious - and I don't use that term mildly or without consideration.

AoD

Last edited:
Thanks goodness Toronto took a pass on Peter Sloly as TPS chief in 2015. Had Saunders not got the job Sloly would have ticked all the right boxes.

I am not willing to put the blame entirely on him without a full picture of just what is going in OPS - and keep in mind TPS had the benefit of knowing what happened in Ottawa.

AoD

In other news, a gang hideout was raided by police in Ottawa Friday night but the police chief pulled the force back when there were reports of officers being called names.

I don't get the Ottawa Police's inability to deal with this. How many police do you need to arrest one person at a time? Set a low goal of arresting 5 people per hour and they would have arrested 300 people since Friday. If they can't come up with a strategy to deal with protesters that is an advertisement to criminals that if you want to set up shop then Ottawa is where you need to go.

My frustration is not directed at the police in general but the lack of leadership in the police force. They are the police for the capital city and they act like demonstrations against the government were inconceivable. What scenarios have they been strategizing? G20 summit should have had every police force trained on how to appropriately deal with this kind of situation... and this demonstration is far more peaceful than the G20 summit... what would the Ottawa police leadership have done at the G20? Maybe it is guidance from the Ottawa mayor too... sounds like he thinks the three spokespeople can actually make deals for a random collection of people with grievances which is ludicrous.

So frustrating to watch.

This just in: new powers granted to allow Ottawa police to wag their fingers and unprecedented three times in a row. This should clean things right up.
It depends. If the person cooperates, one cop, maybe two. If they have to be carried, then several. If it is a crowd, active protest or other potentially volatile setting, then many more to protect the arrest team. If you followed the Windsor events, the crowd control police line passed through the protesters that didn't move, leaving them for the arrest teams behind them. For every arrest, there is 'behind the scenes' processing which ties up officers longer that is visible.

I'm certainly not defending the (in)active in Ottawa - just an explanation.
Speaking of Alberta:

"Peaceful protest".

AoD
Law enforcement intelligence-gathering in action, no doubt. This is what keeps (or should keep) police tactical commanders up at night, and highlights the point that the handful of so-called organizers (I don't know if anybody purports to speak for the crowd in Alberta) have little control of their flock.

Law enforcement intelligence-gathering in action, no doubt. This is what keeps (or should keep) police tactical commanders up at night, and highlights the point that the handful of so-called organizers (I don't know if anybody purports to speak for the crowd in Alberta) have little control of their flock.

Yup - and we know from a certain event down south last January that the broader group of protesters can be (wittingly or unwittingly) used by the "professionals" as cover and distraction.

AoD

...and to think if this was BLM or indigenous groups or anyone else for that fact doing this protest, it would of likely been over the weekend it got started. We now know whose more important when it comes to civil unrest in the views of "leadership". Just saying.

It depends. If the person cooperates, one cop, maybe two. If they have to be carried, then several.
Then you bring in enough OPP and RCMP backup to overwhelm them. That should have happened on day two. It’s the nation’s capital FFS, it should he teeming with police on a regular day.

Start bringing in the heavy tow trucks and removing those vehicles now. Anyone who resists needs to be arrested and charged, but none of this charges dropped nonsense. We need criminal convictions to stick here.

Last edited:

Back