News   Aug 15, 2024
 246     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 427     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 606     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Indeed. There’s a much higher risk of clots from birth control pills than the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Of course, I'm pretty sure @Richard White isn't on BC and probably wasn't considering it in general or as an alternative to the AZ vaccine. LOL

Nonetheless, your general sentiment is reasonable!

Indeed. There’s a much higher risk of clots from birth control pills than the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Please tell that to the European and Asian countries that put the AstraZeneca vaccine on hold

Please tell that to the European and Asian countries that put the AstraZeneca vaccine on hold
They’re being overly cautious, likely under public pressure.

The man who *discovered* the clotting link seems to believe it’s so rare and unlikely as to think it shouldn’t stop vaccination with the AZ vaccine.

“To stop or to avoid vaccination, only for the fear of getting an extremely rare, adverse reaction would be completely wrong.”

Last edited:
Of course, I'm pretty sure @Richard White isn't on BC and probably wasn't considering it in general or as an alternative to the AZ vaccine. LOL

Nonetheless, your general sentiment is reasonable!
My point was, the pill has been regarded as “safe” for 60 years, while people freak over the much lower risk AZ vaccine.

They’re being overly cautious, likely under public pressure.

The man who *discovered* the clotting link seems to believe it’s so rare and unlikely as to think it should stop vaccination with the AZ vaccine.

“To stop or to avoid vaccination, only for the fear of getting an extremely rare, adverse reaction would be completely wrong.”

Yes i agree, the name "AstraZeneca" has been tarnished. That's why most of the EU and other parts of the world are skeptical of it.

I’m 50 and living in what‘s called a hot spot, whatever that means, but living in M5A apparently moves me up the queue. So I go on https://vaccineto.ca and choose my site, enter all my details and then the site asks me to choose a date. On every date I click it says “no appointments available“.

Who designs these websites? The easy fix is to display and then ask me to choose from available appointment dates, not ask me to blindly choose a date and then wait for the site to tell me if any appointments are available on that specific date and repeat.

I’m 50 and living in what‘s called a hot spot, whatever that means, but living in M5A apparently moves me up the queue. So I go on https://vaccineto.ca and choose my site, enter all my details and then the site asks me to choose a date. On every date I click it says “no appointments available“.

Who designs these websites? The easy fix is to display and then ask me to choose from available appointment dates, not ask me to blindly choose a date and then wait for the site to tell me if any appointments are available on that specific date and repeat.
Kind of amazing how rare it is to find user-centric designs. It feels like government is ten years behind the times in this regard.

Kind of amazing how rare it is to find user-centric designs. It feels like government is ten years behind the times in this regard.
The mass vaccination sites are only available for people aged 60+ right now, but registering my husband at the Convention Centre was a surprisingly efficient experience. I only had to enter the Health Card information and date of birth, email address and phone number, and it immediately displayed a calendar with available dates and times. I made the first appointment, and the system suggested a date and time for the second. It took no more than 2 minutes, I was shocked.

Last edited:

I thought the design was a little odd as well but I had no difficulty getting an appointment. I had a little difficulty getting the site to respond but got in about 20 minutes later. The first couple of dates I picked had no slots open. I'm not programmer but imagine disabling the dates that have become full shouldn't be that difficult.

It's a little funny how we become conditioned. The first open date I found showed one slot open. Recalling the times I have trekked to a store whose website said they had one item in stock only to find they did not, I bypassed that date for one that showed several open slots.

All in all I found the process fairly straight forward and, once on the site, took me about 2 minutes. I have no idea how those who have to use the phone number have fared.

Wait a few weeks when the Easter get together numbers start coming in.

By the looks of the insane line up outside Coscto this morning, people will be having the family over for Easter dinners.
How many are going to the Costco Pharmacy for their COVID-19 vaccination?

See link.

And then shopping?

Back