News   Aug 15, 2024
 149     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 306     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 559     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

It's about time - let's hope the Province gets serious!

Also in Star which notes:

The medical officers of health for Toronto, Peel and Ottawa are urging the province to take further steps to protect their residents, saying the newly-applied “emergency brake” will not do enough to curb a new wave of virus spread in their regions.

In a letter dated April 4 to the province’s Dr. David Williams, doctors Eileen de Villa, Lawrence Loh and Vera Etches cite data provided by the province’s own science advisory table as reason for further action.

“A stay-at-home order issued by the province through an emergency order is necessary to prevent and mitigate large scale morbidity and mortality and irreparable strain on the healthcare system,” the co-signed letter says.

“Stricter lockdowns have been shown to be effective in other countries to control transmission while vaccine campaigns progressed to achieve sufficient population coverage to supress transmission.

Vacinating the stay at home seniors should not be a priority. My 75 y/o MiL who lives in her home solo hasn't been near anyone for over a year, she's at no risk to/from anyone. But she got vaccinated, and still refuses to leave her house or be exposed to anyone. Meanwhile POC in multigen homes who work in our factories and warehouses cannot be vaccinated.

Vacinating the stay at home seniors should not be a priority. My 75 y/o MiL who lives in her home solo hasn't been near anyone for over a year, she's at no risk to/from anyone. But she got vaccinated, and still refuses to leave her house or be exposed to anyone. Meanwhile POC in multigen homes who work in our factories and warehouses cannot be vaccinated.

I think we are getting to a point where we can vaccinate the 70+ concurrently with essential workers in at-risk environments. We should be sending teams of nurses to these workplaces and do vaccinations on the spot.

AoD

I think we are getting to a point where we can vaccinate the 70+ concurrently with essential workers in at-risk environments. We should be sending teams of nurses to these workplaces and do vaccinations on the spot.

AoD
And no one who hasn’t passed a rapid test can enter the workplace. Employers must still pay their workers, but can claim the loss wages to the government. How hard can that be to do?

It's about time - let's hope the Province gets serious!

Also in Star which notes:

The medical officers of health for Toronto, Peel and Ottawa are urging the province to take further steps to protect their residents, saying the newly-applied “emergency brake” will not do enough to curb a new wave of virus spread in their regions.

In a letter dated April 4 to the province’s Dr. David Williams, doctors Eileen de Villa, Lawrence Loh and Vera Etches cite data provided by the province’s own science advisory table as reason for further action.

“A stay-at-home order issued by the province through an emergency order is necessary to prevent and mitigate large scale morbidity and mortality and irreparable strain on the healthcare system,” the co-signed letter says.

“Stricter lockdowns have been shown to be effective in other countries to control transmission while vaccine campaigns progressed to achieve sufficient population coverage to supress transmission.

Dr. Williams is useless - he considers the current situation a "success". He's about as decisive and effective as a marionette on strings.

AoD

Who would have thought back in time...

169433874_10159480865299884_2767638292294059098_n.jpg

From link.

Still, the computer looks obsolete and the camera too big.

Dr. Williams is useless - he considers the current situation a "success". He's about as decisive and effective as a marionette on strings.

AoD

These are the days where I miss Dr Sheela Basrur and Dr Donald Low. SARS would have been alot worse without them.

Which brings me to another thought.. why did the WHO not institute travel bans like they did in 2003 for the current pandemic?

These are the days where I miss Dr Sheela Basrur and Dr Donald Low. SARS would have been alot worse without them.

Which brings me to another thought.. why did the WHO not institute travel bans like they did in 2003 for the current pandemic?

Likely because Donald Trump did not request a "travel ban" early in the pandemic. The WHO gets input coming in from several sources, including heads of state.

WHO is also much more beholden to China.
Since when?! The largest contributor to the WHO is the U.S. Also, where exactly do you think SARS started?

NOTE: as of 2020, the US contributes almost as much to the WHO as the next three countries combined.

Last edited:

Back